PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen this?

Netty
20-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Check this out

D85yrIgA4Nk

Velvet
20-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Wow those are 3 very tolerant animals! Lovely to see. I'd be scare of the cat or rat running off!

Netty
20-02-2011, 11:19 PM
It reminds me of the coal fire (?) advert years ago.

lynz85
21-02-2011, 01:02 AM
none of my rats would stay that still :shock:
risky business, i would never let any cat meet my rats.

angieh
21-02-2011, 01:11 PM
The animals all seemed quite "slow" .... or is it just me?

JBalways2000
21-02-2011, 04:19 PM
none of my rats would stay that still :shock:
risky business, i would never let any cat meet my rats.

I have quite a few piccies of my boys with lots of my ratties:D Obviously i would have never left them unsupervised, but AJ and Raven were especially good with the ratties and adored them-i have a photo of Raven asleep on our bed while the ratties are free ranging around him:D Saying that, all four of our boys came to us as kittens so maybe it had something to do with them growing up around the little guys?

Unfortunately my last 2 ratties passed away last week within 4 days of each other:( So im currently ratless, something i havnt been for over 8 years:( But the kitties adore the bunnies and i have no problem leaving the door to the animal room open so the kitties and bunnies can interact unsupervised. obviously not recommended for everyone but it works for us!:D I shall have to dig out some of our photos to share with you all!

Back on topic, that video really had me smiling, cannot believe the rattie was groomed by both the dog and the kittie! definately not something you see every day!:D

lynz85
21-02-2011, 07:53 PM
sorryfor your losses :( i have lost a few this year already aswell :(

i have never let the rats meet the cats, mondo my old cat didnt care about them and he would lie at the other end of the room while they were beside me on the couch, he occasionally came over but he would get shoo'd away. now pip, totally different, i could never do that so he is always locked out the room.
my mums labrador has met them, he loves them :) he lets nibbles bite his nose and ears!

JBalways2000
24-02-2011, 12:55 PM
sorryfor your losses :( i have lost a few this year already aswell :(

i have never let the rats meet the cats, mondo my old cat didnt care about them and he would lie at the other end of the room while they were beside me on the couch, he occasionally came over but he would get shoo'd away. now pip, totally different, i could never do that so he is always locked out the room.
my mums labrador has met them, he loves them :) he lets nibbles bite his nose and ears!

Thankyou, and sorry to you also:( I adore ratties, i never thought i would be without them and this last week being ratless has been very hard for us. We made the decision a while ago not to get more ratties for a little while because as much as i love them i just need a little break from all the worries that go with having them in our lives. dont get me wrong, they are worth it, but after 8 1/2 years of it it starts to take its toll a little. not sure how long we will last though, need a rattie to keep the cats in check!:lol: Eve-A, our last rattie and a very old girl, was extremely good at telling the kitties off:lol:

That is lovely that your mums dog is so good with the ratties-would love to see piccies;) it does make me smile seeing different species interact-i had to get the camera out at 1.30am this morning as the boys were all spending time with the bunnies-Rhino likes to "help" the bunnies at veggie time:lol: will have to sort those piccies out and the old ones with the ratties!

lynz85
24-02-2011, 09:57 PM
it is hard when they get ill, i normally only have about 3 at a time but i ended up with a pregnant girl and kept them all :oops:
my mum made me go ratless when i was about 15 because of how upset i got, chucked my cages and everything. a year later my cousin buys a lone male who bit the whole family, she gave him to me, he never once bit me :lol:
yeah so apart from a year or so i've kept rats since i was 7!

anyway- here is ty and his fav rattie nibbles

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b172/bigburd_/Photo250-1.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b172/bigburd_/Photo254-1.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b172/bigburd_/Photo248-1.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b172/bigburd_/Photo249-1.jpg

and just one of ty at his best :lol:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b172/bigburd_/Photo013-2.jpg

angieh
24-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Lynz, those pics are SO lovely! What a lovely soppy boy Ty is!

JBalways2000
25-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Lynz, those pics are SO lovely! What a lovely soppy boy Ty is!

I second that! those photos are lovely, i really must sort mine out when i get a chance!

Thats a very similiar story to us Lynz, our first rattie was Ryo(im ryo_the_rat on fancyrats incase you're on there, havnt been active on there for a while though) and he was the most gorgeous agouti hooded licky boy ever:smt049 a couple of months later we got a group of 4 more ratties from the same pet shop-we realised pretty much as soon as they came home that one was a girl:roll: seperated them straight away but a couple of weeks later she gave birth to 17 babies! one passed away about a week later poor little thing, but we couldnt part ourselves from the others and so began the start of having lots and lots of ratties!:lol: been odd for us the last year or two only having a small number, and even stranger now:( but as i said we are hoping it wont be for long as we simply cant live that long without a rattie in our lives;) give yours cuddles for me please to make up for it:D ooh and tickle for Ty too, what a good boy he is!