PDA

View Full Version : Boys more sociable than girls.

farthing
16-02-2011, 09:05 PM
I have found that my boys seem to be more social with each other than the girls- or rather and older boy adopts a younger one.

When we first got Pumpkin and Mustard the used to follow Samson everywhere and treated him like he was their dad.
When Triger arrived Mustard looked after him and they used to play fight and cuddle up together.
Now Mr Tomsk and Loki (to a lesser degree) have adopted Urchin. I often find Mr Tomsk and Urchin curled up on a hammock either grooming each other or wrestling.

None of my girls have been like this.

What do you find with yours?

Velvet
16-02-2011, 09:35 PM
We only have one of each but would tend to agree. Amber can be very aloof. Tim will start off grooming Amber & before long theyre wrestling! Tim will come looking for affection, Amber doesnt - except in bed at night where she will be more affectionate but strictly in her terms. Oddly enough she is quite demonstrative with the dogs!

Moli
16-02-2011, 10:13 PM
I have always found boys more sociable, thats why I have only ever had boys..:)

Ally-kats
17-02-2011, 01:28 PM
I have only ever had boys but yes they are very sociable, can't comment on the girls though :)

dandysmom
17-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Not especially in my experience. The boys weren't more accepting of a new cat than the girls. or only marginally so.

angieh
17-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Can't really comment as I've only had one of each gender together twice.

Ally-kats
17-02-2011, 10:39 PM
I had a two year old boy who accepted a new kitten, after a bit of hissing, and they were the best of friends and did everything together, when the youngest died, the other laid on his grave and was quite clearly missing him. They were very sociable and affectionate with each other. My Mum in law had a girl who was very affectionate and sociable but that really is my only experience with a female cat. I guess we all have stories of boys or girls who are not very sociable, must just be their temperment, maybe :D