PDA

View Full Version : Do you collect anything ?

Shelley123
13-02-2011, 09:30 PM
As some of you will already know i collect dolls ranging from 1870 untill the present day. I have been collecting since 1977 and my hobby gives me much pleasure and interest. I enjoy going to fairs and doll club meets. I also do a fair amount of research and renovate dolls on an amateur level.
On a lesser scale i also collect vintage bears, Trolls and Esso men.
Am i trying to recapture my youth or what :lol:
What do other people collect ?

angieh
13-02-2011, 09:41 PM
I used to collect different things - I remember those trolls - had several of those, don't know what happened to them though. Liked the little ones best. And gonks ...... :lol:

Only small collection I still have are bird postage stamps although haven't actively collected any for ages. Keep them if something comes in the post though.

Now I suppose you could say I collect relatives that I didn't know I had via family history research - that's a collection of sorts I think!

Kazz
13-02-2011, 09:51 PM
I don't collect anything............. :(....Have just been told I collect people.

Elaine
13-02-2011, 09:54 PM
I collect cat ornaments but mostly I collect dust;)

pamela81
13-02-2011, 10:01 PM
i used to collect trolls and model cars, dont really collect anything now though

yola
13-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Stamps when I was small, then postcards. Nothing now, except bills :roll:

Phoenix
13-02-2011, 10:17 PM
I collect stones :D

Shelley123
13-02-2011, 10:40 PM
I collect stones :D

Hmmmm i forgot about that.
What sort of stones RCR, beach, gem or what ?
I am a mess when i go to a beach for collecting stones and shells. I have various collections of them in the house and garden.

lynz85
13-02-2011, 11:11 PM
i dont collect anything :(
i still have all my trolls from childhood but!!
my OH has a collection of wooden buddah's but hasnt got any new ones in a while

Shelley123
13-02-2011, 11:14 PM
i dont collect anything :(
i still have all my trolls from childhood but!!
my OH has a collection of wooden buddah's but hasnt got any new ones in a while

i would love to see a pic of your trolls lynz, if you get time.
I have just a few of my childhood ones but have added to my collection since.

dandysmom
13-02-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm not actively collecting anything presently, but have a good collection of bone china tea cups, demitasse cups, salts, and a small bit of Chinese porcelain and American pewter ware.

lynz85
13-02-2011, 11:24 PM
i will try and get pics tomorrow, they are kept in an automn(sp?) and the rats cage is on top! a few of them were bought in spain as presents so i dont know if they are even worth much.
i also have an original my little pony plastic figure and a larger stuffed one, original glow worm!! and some cartoon videos! i have issues with hording childhood things!

Phoenix
13-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Hmmmm i forgot about that.
What sort of stones RCR, beach, gem or what ?
I am a mess when i go to a beach for collecting stones and shells. I have various collections of them in the house and garden.

Gemstones mainly but I'm not above picking up the odd stone off the beach if it's an interesting looking one :D

calismum
14-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Oh no, where to start. I am a hoarder and a collector - as is OH - we barely have enough room to swing the cats!!

Stones - mainly for the garden, but small interesting ones go in the house
Beswick Horses
Border Fine Arts - sheep and border collies
Small boxes
Jugs
CD's, books, pictures
Golden Retriever - anything - books, ornaments, stamps, postcards etc.
To a lesser extent - models of cats and hens
I have a huge collection of Beanie Babies - now all in the loft

I'm sure there are things I've forgotten.

Liz
14-02-2011, 12:46 AM
I collect cat ornaments as well as the Clan cats and of course stuffed teddies, cats, dogs and like Elaine I also collect dust

lynz85
14-02-2011, 01:35 AM
does anybody else hoard greeting cards- birthday, christmas etc? :oops:
i dont keep every single one but i have a few from my communion, childhood, 16th, 18th etc.

angieh
14-02-2011, 01:18 PM
i dont keep every single one but i have a few from my communion, childhood, 16th, 18th etc.

Sometimes - generally if I like the picture! IMO this is a good thing to do, later on you may want to store them in a special way to commemorate those occasions. In my recent sorting of family photos etc. I came across my mother's card she sent out on my birth/christening. I was glad to put those in my album.

Velvet.Tears
14-02-2011, 02:31 PM
I want to collect some cat/rabbit ornaments I can't remember who they are by now, will have to have a look.

Shelley123
14-02-2011, 07:41 PM

I do keep certain cards, i have all the birth congrat card from my sons, plus their christening and birthday cards from their younger days.
Now i keep the odd birthday card from close family and certain christmas cards if they have a realy nice picture, i put them up each year. One year i saved a realy nice card from an old neighbour, the next year she had passed away so it was nice to still have the card.
I still have my nana's last birthday card she bought me just before she died.