PDA

View Full Version : Walter

alexgirl73
04-02-2011, 10:40 PM
I have sadly had to make the decision to rehome my lovely fuzzie Walter :( He has been so lonely since Ally died, and I really am not health wise, up to being able to pair him up with another ferret and all the time that would entail. It's too cold and damp for me to spend much time outdoors to supervise contact, and the cats get very upset when he comes in the house. So I have found a lovely lady who currently has fifteen ferrets and is very much looking forward to welcoming him into her brood :) He'll be in 7th heaven with so many playmates. I have felt very guilty and saddened by having to take this step, but I can't bear to see him so lonely anymore.

lynz85
04-02-2011, 10:50 PM
aww, so sorry you have to let him go. unfortunately we cant be the selfish ones when it comes to our pets so you made the right choice for him. i cant imagine what your feeling though, i could never rehome one of mine. hoping she will send you updates and pics?!

Elaine
04-02-2011, 10:52 PM
I am really sorry to hear this Alex, but you must look after your own health and you do have his best interests at heart. Try not to feel too bad as you have done well to find him a nice new home and I'm sure he will be very happy with so many play mates around. xxx

Moli
04-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Sorry to read this Alex, but you have put him first, and found him a lovely new home...

alexgirl73
04-02-2011, 11:21 PM
aww, so sorry you have to let him go. unfortunately we cant be the selfish ones when it comes to our pets so you made the right choice for him. i cant imagine what your feeling though, i could never rehome one of mine. hoping she will send you updates and pics?!

she has already promised me updates and pics, so I will still be able to keep tabs on him, for which I am grateful. The thought of rehoming any of my animals is abhorent to me. I had to do it once before with my dog Tia, who suffered from EXTREME seperation anxiety. Left alone for even one minute she would start destroying things, messing on floors, barking non stop. We tried behaviourists, obedience lessons, bachs, feliway etc, nothing worked, and as we simply couldn't guarantee someone with her at all times we had to find her a new home for her sake. I found a lady who worked from home to take her, and she spent over a year working with her building up from leaving her from 5 seconds etc, and now she is a happy, content wee dog. And I still get updates about her :D
However it is not easy at all, as I am a firm believer that pets are for life, but in this case Walter will be far happier with playmates than lonely in his cage :(

Moli
04-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Sometimes its the only thing you can do Alex, you have made sure Walter will be looked after and loved.....

dandysmom
04-02-2011, 11:49 PM
I know it was hard, but it was the best thing for Walter ... you've found him a happy home when you truly weren't able to give him what he needed. Not easy, but it's so nice to know you'll be updated on him. A pity he couldn't have gone to Tink's on our side of the Pond! Try not to be sad, Alex (((hugs)))

Velvet
05-02-2011, 02:20 AM
Awh bless you for finding him such a lovely home.

Squirrel
05-02-2011, 09:09 AM
*hugs* That cannot have been easy, but it does sound like a very wise decision, and that Walter will be far happier surrounded by friends.

Am so glad that you're going to get updates as to how he's doing though.

Kazz
05-02-2011, 10:24 AM
I am sure he will be happy and content, now he is not in solitary confinment. A good descision, animals are lovely but your health comes first.

Tink
05-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Alex, after reading why, I think you were right in your decision. Ferrets really are happier with other ferrets to keep them company. I will pitch in for you-- they really are high maintenance--there needs to be just the right circumstances for it to work. It was selfless of you to place him and it sounds like he is just going to have a ball playing with all those furry munchkins...a constant party, I think. Take heart, you did what was right for him ((hugs))

alexgirl73
05-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words. Still feel awful about it and I'm dreading monday when I take him to his new home. But I know he'll be so much happier there with playmates. Just off to the shops to buy him some chicken wings for one last feast before he leaves me.

Tink
05-02-2011, 12:19 PM
So hard, I hope this weekend you are able to feel more peaceful about it. Still difficult, will be thinking of you..

Squirrel
05-02-2011, 02:49 PM
*hugs* it wil be hard, but enjoy the time with him while you have him.

angieh
05-02-2011, 02:59 PM
As others have said Alex, you have done the right thing for Walter and because you have been selfless about that you really shouldn't feel too bad, although you will miss him of course. ((((HUGS))))

alexgirl73
07-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Well that's him safely delivered to his new home :) He took to the lady very well, no nipping at all. Had a wee lick of some ferretvite, so obviously thought he'd play nice lol. She showed me her lovely crew, and she'll be trying him in with the boys first of all over the next few days. If that doesn't work he'll be off to be snipped and popped in with his own harem!! So I think he'll be a very happy little fuzzie in his new home, but I am so going to miss that wee face :(

pamela81
07-02-2011, 06:15 PM
so pleased to hear he has settled well alex, you will miss him soo much but atleast you know he is happy where he is

Kazz
07-02-2011, 06:49 PM
But he will be fine Alex.....How about YOU? ;)

Tink
07-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Oh, big hugs... he's going to have so much fun--be gentle with yourself too. I hope you come to terms with missing him.

dandysmom
07-02-2011, 09:18 PM
(((hugs))) ...........

Squirrel
07-02-2011, 11:00 PM
*Starts filling a room with hugs*

There we go... come back whenever you need a few more!

It is heartbreaking, but least you know he's OK.

alexgirl73
07-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate the support on this. His new mummy is now a friend on 'that social networking site' lol, and will keep me posted on him. I'm so sad about it all, but I know that he is going to be so much happier with playmates. I think it'll hit me tomorrow morning when I go to feed the rabbits and chickens, 'cause when I used to go past his cage he'd be right there clambering on the mesh to see what I was up to :lol:, but I'm sure he'll be dooking away quite happily in his new home, being cheeky for them :)