PDA

View Full Version : Body Language?

Phoenix
24-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Anyone else got a cat who REALLY doesn't understand feline body language?

Dylan doesn't seem to understand what cat language in general means - a cat can be showing him quite graphically that she doesn't want anything to do with him ie yowling, snarling, growling, hissing etc and it's only when she loses her patience and whacks him round the head before he will back off.

Only to try again about 10 minutes later :roll: towards the same cat :roll:

angieh
24-01-2011, 09:03 PM
I don't understand cats' body language!

Phoenix
24-01-2011, 09:05 PM
I don't understand cats' body language!

You're not a cat though angie :lol: You'd think a cat would understand another cat but obviously Dylan speaks his own language and doesn't understand anyone else's :lol:

angieh
24-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Would a French cat understand an English cat or vice versa?

Phoenix
24-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Would a French cat understand an English cat or vice versa?

I presume so, their body language would be the same :lol:

Maybe I've got an autistic moggy :roll: :lol: (I love him though;) :lol: )

Elaine
24-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Greek cats would confuse Brittish cats, all that nodding of the head that means NO, a click of the tongue and slight raising of the eyes which means OK :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, Dylan understands perfectly, he's just a persistant little ******.;)

dandysmom
24-01-2011, 10:06 PM
I agree with Elaine, he gets it, all right, but chooses to ignore the message and keep trying!

Phoenix
24-01-2011, 11:53 PM
He also chirps when someone strokes him BEFORE he knows who's stroking him :lol: Also he thinks he's a dog :lol: he will roll over and BEG and PLEAD to have his tummy rubbed :lol:

fancyabrew
25-01-2011, 10:30 AM
yep Marmaduke is the same, he keeps pestering chloe, on and on and on, and she really doesn't want to play, but he just keeps at it. Gets hissed at gets hit, but he'll be back at it again with in minutes

angieh
25-01-2011, 11:25 AM
he he! That sounds like Pip and Kizzy. Pip rarely gives up with the first telling off!

Phoenix
25-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Pip's a youngster though angie :lol: I'd have expected Dylan by now to have worked out who it's safe to approach round here and which female to aviod (Sasha next door - I'll have to see if she will let me get a picture, she's a black and white elderly female nearly twice Dylan's age I think)

Tink
25-01-2011, 03:13 PM
I agree with Elaine, he gets it, all right, but chooses to ignore the message and keep trying!

Me too! This is Solomon all the way:roll: :lol:

Velvet
25-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Be soumds intelligent to me :)