PDA

View Full Version : Cat called for jury service!

angieh
23-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Cross-posted from Dogsey!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/38/20110118/tod-cat-summoned-for-jury-service-045b8e8.html

This cat may be bright, but I do sometimes wonder what our poor world is coming to!

dandysmom
23-01-2011, 09:22 PM
LOL! He's probably smarter than some jurors I've served with! :mrgreen:

They probably wouldn't let him in the courhouse anyway as he doesn't have a government issued photo ID! And then issue a warrant for contempt of court by not appearing for jury duty......

StrictMachine
23-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Ive done jury service, a cat would have more intelligence and understanding of the law than some of the clowns I served with. Theres so much waiting around with jury duty, I could have done with a cat there...

Shelley123
23-01-2011, 11:04 PM
I don't think we have a section for pets on census forms here in the UK.
If it did happen here to my Cats or Dog and the court insisted after i told them they were animals then i would take them to prove how stupid some people are.
Wonder how this will pan out :D

StrictMachine
23-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Did you hear about The Guardian writer who got his dead cat the same doctorate as Gillian McKeith has.

To be fair a cat would'nt go through your poo.

Shelley123
23-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Did you hear about The Guardian writer who got his dead cat the same doctorate as Gillian McKeith has.

To be fair a cat would'nt go through your poo.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

StrictMachine
23-01-2011, 11:15 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Goldacre

Bad science paragraph. To be fair I am a big old guardian reading lefty but it still brings the lolz
Goldacre purchased a "certified professional membership" on behalf of his late cat, Henrietta, from the same institution for $60.[23] In February 2007, McKeith agreed to stop using the title "Dr" in her advertising following a complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority by a Bad Science reader

Phoenix
23-01-2011, 11:21 PM
It makes you wonder what the world's coming to :lol:

Mum and I have just been making jokes about dogs and cats demanding mutt-ernity leave and purr-ternity leave (they probably will be paid mutt-ernity and purr-ternity leave the way the world is going now ):lol:

lisa01uk87
23-01-2011, 11:53 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i have nothing more to add :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: iv been laughing at this for the last 10 mins :lol: :lol:

StrictMachine
23-01-2011, 11:56 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i have nothing more to add :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: iv been laughing at this for the last 10 mins :lol: :lol:
Lock your doors incase McKeith is there

lisa01uk87
24-01-2011, 12:00 AM
:lol: i was talking about the cat being called for jury duty :lol: :lol:

and breath :lol: :lol: im tired and this i find extremley amusing :lol: :lol:

but yeah on a "serious" note, my doors are locked gillian aint getting anywhere near me :lol: