PDA

View Full Version : Flying kittens

Velvet
22-01-2011, 05:26 AM
Over the past week or so kitten playtime has got more boisterous. Just curious whether those of you with 2 or more kittens have observed the same type of play

Tim & Amber will race at full speed up & down the room chasing each other, leaping on/off furniture, then in sequence they turn to face each other about 6 ft apart & each will spring into the air & in mid air pass each other, land & resume the mad chase

They dont do it all the time just periodically :)

Moli
22-01-2011, 09:07 AM
That is normal kitten behaviour...They do not seem to care where they land either!!:roll::lol:

Tink
22-01-2011, 09:16 AM
oh yes, normal behavior. kuan yin and solomon do this every evening/morning :lol:

Squirrel
22-01-2011, 09:53 AM
I get some of that even without having 2 kittens. Sometimes makes me wonder if I should have got 2, cause am sure that if Cloud had come with a buddy she'd have even more fun. And be less jealous of the computer when I'm sitting at it catching up on stuff!!! Right now she's gone into the teenagers, and if I don't give her attention whenever she wants it, is crying or attacking the wall paper...

Velvet
22-01-2011, 09:59 AM
This morning they lept up close & hit each other with such force i was sure they'd do damage, however they just picked themselves up & continued play!

Tink
22-01-2011, 10:06 AM
This morning they lept up close & hit each other with such force i was sure they'd do damage, however they just picked themselves up & continued play!

they can be startling sometimes!!:shock: :lol:
the first time i saw kuan yin get that way (when she was an "only child") i was almost certain she'd gone mad and she needed a doctor:-D ;)

angieh
22-01-2011, 01:06 PM
All to do with honing the hunting skills and avoiding predators. Pip isn't good at cornering, especially on the laminate!!!

calismum
22-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Yes, that describes what my two do perfectly. Wouldn't be the first time we get used as a springboard!. The poor dog gets really concerned when they run at full pelt toward her and swerve just as she's about to turn tail and run!

Squirrel
22-01-2011, 05:58 PM
:lol: Awwww! That mental image is just wonderful! :D