PDA

View Full Version : Mike and his cat bite.

farthing
19-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Mike went back to work today, since he was bitten by Urchin a week past Tuesday. He did have quite a bad infection, that had tracked up him arm from his wrist upto his bicep. He has however milked this as much as he could- he is looking well rested, because he didn't get up until 8.30 and has been ' taking things gently' while I've been up at 6 and doing all the bale shoving, animal feed lifting ( 20kg bags) and sneezing because I've had to handle the hay.
To say I have aged 10 years is an understatement- mind you its him that has to look at me so I guess he is suffering after all.

Elaine
19-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Ouch, poor Mike. Eva bit G last year and it also tracked right up his arm, he ended up at A&E. Have to say though, he didnt milk it as much as your Mike is;)
I think my biggest sympathies lie with you Louise, kick Mikes ass and tell him to get on with it, after all that's what us women do.;)

angieh
19-01-2011, 10:57 PM
I was wondering whether Mike's bite was going down! I'm afraid that I don't sympathise with him as much as I do with you farthing!!! Glad he didn't have to go on an AV though.

Sounds as if you need a holiday now.

farthing
19-01-2011, 10:58 PM
I so want to give him a thump:lol: , the worst bit is that everybody thinks I am being unreasonable and horrible to him- he only managed to wash the dishes at the weekend, and couldn't do the guinea pigs water because he couldn't open the bottles with one hand- when I had my carpal tunnel op I put the bottles between my knees and only needed one hand to open them!:evil:

angieh
19-01-2011, 11:03 PM
I think I'd threaten him with a mustard poultice!!!

Elaine
19-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Thump him!!! G managed to go to work with his cat bite, G also had cat scratch fever a while ago after a cat bite. Think that was the only time he was "genuinely" ill.

Liz
19-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Me thinks a dishwasher should be on your list - mine washes all teh human cat and dog bowls

I do the Clan cats and dogs all by myself and am thaqt used to it it doesn't worry me anymore but no hay bales here

dandysmom
19-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Men!!! Sorry he was bitten, but no need to milk it like this!~ Definitely, thump him! You need a (((hug))) farthing.

Phoenix
20-01-2011, 12:26 AM
If you were within easy reach of me farthing I'd come over and help you out.

(((hugs)))

Velvet
20-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Animal bites are sore.......

Men are poor sufferers - universally known

Hugs to you. xxx

farthing
20-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Well by this morning I was fully exhausted. Mike was still in bad at 8, and I came in and said in a sarcastic voice-'feel free to get up when you like'.:oops:
I was almost in tears with tiredness and sore arms, so told him how i felt and asked if he would be able to do a bit more to help. So he has done everything today, and I went to bed between shifts this afternoon and I'm heading off to bed soon. I feel a bit annoyed that he has had to be told how weary I feel, but glad to be able to rest.
I will be back into cleaning/ watering/ feeding the animals tomorrow, but it has been good to have time to catch up on some sleep.

Kazz
20-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Ouch on the cat bite I empathise I got bitten by Cleo once ouch.

Maybe because Mike does the chores/jobs himself maybe he does not realise how "tiring/exhausting" it is. Its horrible to be so tired that you cry isn't it.

farthing
20-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Mike doesn't do most of the chores, I do, but he does tend to do the hay ( because I'm allergic) and he tends to carry the heavy bags, I do most of the mucking out and feeding. It isn't usually so bad but the water has been frozen, so I've had to carry 25 litre container of water to the animals- about 10-15 a day.