PDA

View Full Version : Amber's mishap

Velvet
17-01-2011, 02:06 AM
Was preparing the hairdryer this afternoon to use. Tim gets his food on top of the (not working) Doric & Amber gets hers on top of the bench next to him, well off the floor away from the doglets!!

Poor Amber was eating her food when i dropped the dryer, it came on full fast speed. Amber startled lit in the air - backwards, hitting the Doric as she fell. Poor baby was dazed. Scooped her up for cuddles & kisses which she allowed before setting her up at her food. In true "9-lives" cat style she just continued her feed. Think it annoyed me more than it did her

dandysmom
17-01-2011, 02:27 AM
Awww, poor baby! Give her a cuddle from me.

Squirrel
17-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Poor little one. Glad she's OK though. Kitty cuddles from this end too please.

angieh
17-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Being dense here - what's a "Doric"? A dictionary of Mid-Northern Scottish dialects or a Grecian column don't seem to fit in with Amber's mishap!!! Hope she's OK.

Velvet
17-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Being dense here - what's a "Doric"? A dictionary of Mid-Northern Scottish dialects or a Grecian column don't seem to fit in with Amber's mishap!!! Hope she's OK.

A Doric is a smaller version of an Aga or old fashioned range which older houses used to have. Our house is old, stone built, dates back to 1800's :) must take a photo of the Doric, you would know once you saw it. It does work, had it converted to oil some years back but give me the electric cooker anyday!! :)

Velvet
17-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Here you are one non working Doric - far too many ornaments on it!!!! Katie at the foot of it - Tim's bed at side with Ambers on top!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/rosievelvet/9840178e.jpg

dandysmom
17-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the info and pic, I'd never heard of one either. Small, isn't it?

Velvet
17-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the info and pic, I'd never heard of one either. Small, isn't it?

Compared to an Aga yes! Did the job though and heated the room when working on wood/peat etc. It gravity fed on oil which helped a bit with the cooking but not my scene at all.

angieh
17-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks Velvet - I'd not heard of that make. Does look like a baby Aga!!! Would not want to hit my head on it either.