PDA

View Full Version : Amaryllis?

dandysmom
15-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Anyone having re-bloom from previous years? I usually have quite a few, but only two so far this year.... below, and buds on one other.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/dandysmom/DSCN1335.jpg

angieh
15-01-2011, 09:24 PM
So beautiful Eileen. Each year since I've seen your blooms and others I have thought I would buy a bulb, but just keep forgetting. I suppose because they are usually sold just before Christmas and I just don't think. Perhaps I'll have to ask for one as a pressie next year.

dandysmom
15-01-2011, 09:43 PM
I usually order mine in early November; if you like I'd be glad to PM you an "It's time" reminder then. They are so easy, and so cheerful in the cold grey Winter!

calismum
15-01-2011, 11:37 PM
I had high hopes for 'Picotee' but not to be. The one I have bought is growing just now - about 4" high at the moment.

Kazz
16-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Wha a nice flower it looks a lot like a Lily well to me maybe its the colouring.
Never considered Amarylis mind you I am not an indoor plant person no ide why.

angieh
16-01-2011, 01:41 PM
I usually order mine in early November; if you like I'd be glad to PM you an "It's time" reminder then. They are so easy, and so cheerful in the cold grey Winter!

Yes, please do Eileen! That may well clinch it for next year - thanks for the offer.