PDA

View Full Version : Help with the Housework

calismum
14-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Izzi and Breagh are very willing helpers around the house. Here are a few of the tasks they're best at.

Cleaning the cat tray - they fully inspect it and stand in it when I put the new litter in so I can get the depth right. If I'm really lucky they will also demonstrate how to use it before it is filled fully.
Sweeping the floor - Izzi will wrap herself around the brush head to help apply pressure. Breagh skips in front adjusting the brush to ensure all crumbs have the same opportunity to be missed
Dusting - always a willing helper holding on to the duster to ensure I don't drop it.
Making the bed - Both like to check the sheets once they are ready to be put on the bed. The easiest way to do this is to get underneath the sheet and run around madly to ensure they are straight and even

I could go on, but - what do your cats like to help with. Or am I just (un)lucky :-D

Squirrel
14-01-2011, 12:36 AM
*laughs* brilliant!!!

So far I've been lucky enough to avoid such help... Mind, I don't do a lot of housework :oops: so the bits I do do am able to slip off and do while missy is otherwise occupied. If I start to use the hoover though she's immediately on one of the window sills - as far away from the noise as she can get!!!

lynz85
14-01-2011, 01:00 AM
pip ensures thorough cleaning of the bathroom by jumping in the sink, bathtub and toilet itself to do his inspections!! yes, the bog seat is always down now!! so he has to make do with the lid!

lynz85
14-01-2011, 01:01 AM
he also tests the springyness of the couch everyday by jumping and running along it quite crazily...

dandysmom
14-01-2011, 03:12 AM
None of mine ever helped with the mopping or sweeping: brooms and mops are scary! Not as scary as the hoover, though! Oh, but bed-making ... experts all in getting underneath the bottom sheet, then the top sheet, then the quilt. And inspecting the litter box carefully, yes, mine do/did that too. And sitting on the clean warm laundry in the hamper as you bring it in ... just to be sure it doesn't fall out or blow away, Mom ..... :mrgreen:

Velvet
14-01-2011, 03:31 AM
Brilliant descriptions, had me chuckling. There was me thinking it was only ours did such things!!

Litter, well once cleaned Tim inspects the empty tray by scraping & scratching it. As if to say - wheres the litter gone!

Lovely & clean, filled with fresh litter its put back in place & without fail, everytime Tim makes a beeline for it & does a poo!!

When i'm making the bed, Tim waits until I throw the duvet up, then as if from nowhere he leaps onto the duvet so he is under the bed spread & Amber does it too now. She used to try & "dig" Tim out :)

Teeth washing, that totally fascinates Amber. She gets up onto the sink & walks along the back of it to get a better view of what I'm doing, then a wee paw will come out to catch the tap water!

Washing, once on inside clothes stand nothing will do Amber than she will leap up to drag garmets off - obviously testing to see if they are dry yet :)

At night in bed they both like to loosen my muscles by purring & kneading my legs - :)

Netty
14-01-2011, 11:59 AM
When I clean the litter tray, I empty the old stuff into a carrier bag and sit it on the floor till Im finished. 9 times out of 10, Oliver cant wait for the new, clean tray, so he just does it into the carrier bag with the old stuff! Its very good of him not to dirty the clean litter straight away! lol

angieh
14-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Feline Resources have promoted Kizzy to Inspector of Cupboards and Pip is her apprentice! But they do still like to help with bed making, Pip especially likes to help with putting pillow cases on and will try to help from the inside if he's not adequately supervised. He also has the wrong idea about the floor mop and thinks it is something to ride on, but he may just be adjusting the pressure on the floor - I hadn't thought about that duh!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cats' staff
14-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Tolly helps the staff by letting us know when the mantelpiece needs dusting. He does this by jumping up and knocking everything off so it is clear ready for dusting.

Smudge is the bed operative, she tests the mattress first, then inspects the sheet, then the duvet cover underneath, inside, and finally on top.

Cleo ensures that the airing cupboard is clean, particularly the area behind the hot water tank.

pamela81
14-01-2011, 10:13 PM
that sounds quite sweet!!! Harris just runs as soon as the hoover comes out. He does however like to make sure his trays are clean enough to use after i have re-filled them!! He does like to try collapse the clothes horse for me though even when my washing is still on it!!