PDA

View Full Version : Sauce for stir fry chicken

Velvet
09-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Can anyone think of a sauce (recipe please) for a stir fry chicken dish? The stir fry has chicken, red/green pepper,, onions & some kind of spicy seasoning. Served on bed of rice. I add cherry tomatoes to the stir fry but still find its a bit dry on tbe rice

Any ideas anyone?

angieh
09-01-2011, 06:09 PM
What a coincidence - we are having stir fried chicken with peppers etc. tonight. But we have a small tub of left-over Chinese barbecue sauce from Friday and will use that. Not much of a help to you though, sorry Velvet. Do you have any soy sauce?

Velvet
09-01-2011, 11:04 PM
What a coincidence - we are having stir fried chicken with peppers etc. tonight. But we have a small tub of left-over Chinese barbecue sauce from Friday and will use that. Not much of a help to you though, sorry Velvet. Do you have any soy sauce?

Yes have wee small pot of soy sauce. Dont often use it as mum isnt allowed salt so it has to be used very sparingly. Used to miss it but dont now.

calismum
10-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Just random ideas - but what about a black bean sauce or an oyster sauce.

I had a stir fry many years ago which was made with a plum sauce. Sweet but v nice.

Marmite has low salt content but not sure if that would work well.

You can get low sodium soy sauce and my friend uses a sauce called Dragon Sauce in his stir fries - no idea of salt content.