PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a favourite ?

Velvet
09-01-2011, 05:54 AM
Anyone with more than one cat/kitten, do you have a favourite? I was asked this recently about all our pets & i dont believe i do. Maybe giving katie a bit more time because shes ill but generally they all get same.

Kobster
09-01-2011, 07:52 AM
I don't. They are all such individuals that I love them all differently and for different reasons.

calismum
09-01-2011, 10:09 AM
I don't think so. Not aware of it. As Kobster said they are such individuals that I appreciate them for different reasons.

I do think I enjoy them in different ways if that makes any sense? Izzi is cuddliest, vocal, in your face type cat. Breagh is quiet, determined, playful and always just there.

I only have one house dog now but did have 3 in the past and again - no favourite but appreciated them in different ways.

farthing
09-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Honestly- yes!

My favourite was Samson, who we lost earlier this year, I still miss him deeply. I was also surprised at how much I miss Jimmy, he didn't behave like a cat at all and seldom showed any reaction to us, but he did become special ( maybe because of that, because he was obviously pleased to see us when we went to see him while he was in the vet).
At the moment I'm not sure if I have a favourite- I am very fond of Helga but I am really fond of all of them.
My all time favourite animal has to be Bournville my horse, but I have quite a few who are just a little bit extra special, and they aren't always the ones who are more loving or responsive.

angieh
09-01-2011, 03:07 PM
I don't believe I have a favourite, as Kobster and CM have said, my two are such individuals with different ways and I love each for who they are. Kizzy is my comforter and Pip makes me laugh!

Netty
09-01-2011, 04:40 PM
I have to say, Oliver is my favourite, but thats cos hes the little one and needs more from me. Will probably change when hes older and treating the place like a hotel, as Benny is doing now! lol

dandysmom
09-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Just the one girl now, but when I had three, I must confess Dandy was my special boy: he was such a funny affectionate outgoing loving cat. But they all have been different and all well loved for who they were.

Squirrel
09-01-2011, 06:12 PM
I've rarely had more than one animal at a time. However, the one I remember with most fondness is Sophy - my first hampster. She was a gorgeous golden haired girlie, and I could do anything with her. Very myschievious too - escaped from her cage on more than one occasion, and disappeared beneath the floor boards once - Dad got under there, shone a torch, and she ran straight to him - thank goodness. She then had a bit of cucumber or carrot to eat! (I was supposed to be sleeping, but with this rescue work going on beneath my head, there was no chance!!! - I got downstairs to find her eating in the hands of one of my parents!)

She was an old lady when we got a puppy (only dog my parents have had) and she later died in my arms - parents think it from shock, though it could well have been from old age as she was at least a year and a half by the time we got the dog.

angieh
09-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Oh Squirrel - how kindly you remember little Sophy! I had a hamster too as a child and after he was pts (cancerous tumours) my mum took me on a bus trip to Chichester and we both sat on the front seat on the top deck and howled. He was called Archimedes, or Midi for short because he was.

cats' staff
12-01-2011, 09:52 PM
I was ill for a while as a child and had a house rabbit called Bundle who would cuddle up onthe sofa next to me. We had cats but they belonged to everyone but Bundle was MINE!
Of the current three cats I don't have a favourite but I do sometimes, briefly, have an UNfavourite if woken at 3AM by my feet being savaged........

Tink
12-01-2011, 10:54 PM
I know this sounds horrible but I feel closer to Kuan Yin and Solomon than to Hestia. I think because they are both confident and follow me all throughout the house whereas Hestia is more reserved so I don't end up spending as much time with her if I'm moving about the house.