PDA

View Full Version : I feel silly..

Tink
08-01-2011, 01:55 AM
So I don't know if anyone remembers but I've mentioned a few times Hestia yowling at night and was a little concerened about dementia even though I think she is still too young (12). Well I finally seem to have figured it out in the last few weeks..but boy do I feel like an idiot for not realizing this sooner:lol:
You know what she is actually doing? Finding things around the house (mostly zipties from K's tools and such) and "catching" them and walking around the house with them in her mouth announcing her wonderful hunting abilities:roll: :-D :lol:
I acknowledge her great find after she drops it at my feet and praise her heavily. The yowling has ended now.. but I must acknowledge her "kill" and make a big fuss first!
So not a health issue--good news! Bad news is I'm a little dense:oops: :lol:

dandysmom
08-01-2011, 03:05 AM
Oh dear, you must really feel dens at not realizing that; better late than never! Glad it's not feline dementia. They do like to be praised at their hunting prowess, don't they? :D

Velvet
08-01-2011, 04:34 AM
Glad you sorted it out and clever Hesita!

Tink
08-01-2011, 12:39 PM
LOL, the one time she actually brought in REAL prey (a poor bird when i hadn't known she snuck out) I now in hindsight remember her yowling her head off (that's how I found out the front door had been left open--I was in the bedroom and she was wailing her head off with the bird in her teeth). It's all making sense now :lol:

angieh
08-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Glad you've sorted this Tink! I was awoken a couple of nights ago - Kizzy was mewing and miaowing, something she never does normally - she had bought in a mouse. I guess she was talking to it.

I have to be vigilant about those plastic tie things and elastic bands. Pip is a maniac for them and would swallow them given half a chance.

calismum
08-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Oops!! But at least you now know what the problem was.