PDA

View Full Version : Reflections from the Clan Homestead as we leave 2010

Liz
31-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Reflections from the Clan Homestead as we leave 2010

Thought I would try and write what 2010 has been like here at the Clan

As 2010 dawned we were recovering from the loss of our darling Jazz the clan dog leader at the grand old age of 15 she had outlived the vets prognosis by 18 months but she left a very pocket rocket shaped hole
My father celebrated his 80th birthday 4 days before 2010 dawned and then became ill in February and very sadly died in March 2010 leaving me an orphan – I still miss him dreadfully but we have got through our first Christmas and his first birthday so are coping

Robin landed a very big promotion and it was first thought we may have to move to Hull but we took the decision to have separate homes as to move the Clan would have been to much and we couldn’t have found our wonderful home anywhere else we have our ideal location so now Robin spends his weekdays with his job and Skysports and his weekends at home with the Clan took some getting used to but now we are all on an even keel and its only for another 3 years

I have had some health problems with my back and now my hands and wrists appear to be going as the nioce man said with RSI so have an appointement with an Orthopedic surgeon some time next year to see how we can move forward

We only suffered one cat loss in 2010 our darling old feral Miss cissy who left us in June 2010 after 2 glorious years living on the inside with all the home comforts she never had she is sadly missed as she was the first thing I saw coming down the stairs in the morning all curled up on her fluffy radiator bed

We gained some new Clan members the ferals Harper and Riley trapped in July and now learning to be Clan cats both now nearly 2, in August we added McKenzie and Gypsy to more ferals the 2009 vintage who sadly were given to someone to foster shut in a garage for 9 months with minimal handling meant they were skittish and not human orientated but taking up a CP cat pen so we bought them home and now they are coming out of their shells and learning humans aren’t like their fosterer

We also gained a foster child from Sunny Harbour cat rescue in Fife Miss Gigi Skye she was a poor little soul and it has taken 7 very long months to get her to the nearly happy soul she is she still has some issues but her Daddy decided she should stay she so not to add any setbacks she may have on moving she also hates children with avengence so is now here to stay and finally we added the Clan kittens Charlie with his badly broken legs and the vets thought he would loose one of them but with a lot of work and the introduction of Echo our white fluffy boy in September – he has a heart condition the tag team started and they got a feral sister in the form of baby Pagan in October and now we have a trio of gorgeousness all with issues but learning to be Clan kittens and all the fun that goes with them

I got a new 4 x 4 and love it, my old car is now in Hull and going well the Freelander is our workhorse and all the current Clan members both feline and doggie are well and still our pride and joy more ferals now than domestics and pedigree but the ferals are adapting to living with humans and surprise everyday when they purr or let us touch them or share our world and learn that laser pens are fun, humans won’t hurt them and that life on the inside really isn’t so bad afterall

So I end 2010 as it started in Physio and waiting for an Orthopedic appointment, Robin will be away for most of January and February in Hull, London and Houston

So from all here from a thawing Aberdeenshire we human, cats and dogs wish you a very peaceful start to 2011 when and where ever you are

alexgirl73
01-01-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm amazed you can remember so much Liz :lol:, I can barely remember what happened last week, never mind over the whole year. But nice to hear your recollections, and that the clan is doing well. Hope 2011 is a great year for you all.

angieh
01-01-2011, 03:24 PM
That's such a warm-hearted summary Liz. I wish you and The Clan all the best for 2011 and do hope that something really helpful will come up for your health problems.

calismum
01-01-2011, 03:53 PM
A lovely idea to reflect back on the year like that. Sending best wishes for all for 2011.

Shelley123
01-01-2011, 04:22 PM
I enjoyed reading the reflections of the clan, thank you.

Moli
01-01-2011, 05:29 PM
You certainly have had a busy year.Wishing you and the Clan a Happy,healthy 2011.

dandysmom
01-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks for sharing that. Best wishes for a good 2011.

Kazz
01-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Hello and what a round up. Sounds like 2011 is going to be a good year for you all at Clan headquarters and also at the satelite station in Hull.

Happy New Year to you all.