PDA

View Full Version : Another proper poorly person!

MrsH
30-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Today is the first time I've been on for a few days. Christmas was fine, if a bit quiet just hubby and me. Boxing Day I was struck down with pain and nausea which I thought was a reaction to the wine :? (because of Methotrexate for my RA I'm supposed to be careful of alcohol intake, plus I have a liver that is rather intolerant)

I rallied on Monday but then felt unwell again but it really struck overnight on Tuesday with the most indescribable pain and looking back I should probably have called the emergency doc. Neither hubby nor I got any sleep that night but I managed to get in to see the doc yesterday where he diagnosed a gall bladder problem :( He's treating it cautiously for now, hoping to avoid having to have it removed so I'm on 2 different antibiotics, lots of water, absolutely no alcohol whatsoever and no rich food (so much for all the chocs, pastries, mince pies, Christmas cake, pate, smoked salmon etc :roll:)

I'll make a big pot of vegetable soup this afternoon that should be nice and tasty even though I don't have much appetite!

Shelley123
30-12-2010, 03:28 PM
MrsH, so sorry to hear you are poorly and hope the medication works and you don't need an op.
Fancy not being able to eat rich food and drink alcohol at Christmas.
Reminds me of when i went to Tenerife and got a chest infection. I was put on steroids and AB;s and so couldn't drink or go out in the sun :(
Take care and hope you are feeling much better soon.

Mags
30-12-2010, 03:45 PM
So sorry to hear you have been so poorly, MrsH :(

MrM has had gallstones which resulted in gall bladder removal and he said the pain was excruciating. I hope your medication works for you.

It is said that the pain of gallstones is on par with childbirth ...... ouch!

angieh
30-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Very sorry to hear you've been poorly MrsH. Do hope that being careful with food etc. (no fun) and the medication at least makes the pain go away. Get better soon.

Squirrel
30-12-2010, 05:26 PM
That sounds nasty MrsH. So sorry to hear you're in so much pain, and hope that the first line of defence does work for you.

*gentle hugs*

dandysmom
30-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Oh dear, so sorry! I've heard the same thing about gallbladder pain; do hope the meds help; but what a pity not to be able to enjoy the lovely rich holiday foods. Take care, hope you'll be better very soon (((hugs)))

yola
30-12-2010, 05:39 PM
So sorry to hear you've had such a rotten Christmas aftermath. Hopefully the medication alone will resolve the problem and no operation will be needed.

Kazz
31-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Oh dear Ouch, may be more suitable I hope it gets sorted out. Ouch again and Hapy and HEALTHY new year.

calismum
31-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Poor you, sounds awful. I too hope the meds are succesful.

((hugs))

dandysmom
31-12-2010, 05:30 PM
How are you feeling today?

pinklizzy
31-12-2010, 07:10 PM
So sorry to hear you've been so poorly MrsH, hope the different diet and antibiotics help you feel more comfortable soon. x

MrsH
31-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks all, I'm feeling a good bit better today, sleeping well at night, no pain as such but still a bit sore. Dr's advice to be sure to drink a lot of water has me visiting the loo rather a lot though! :roll: :lol:

I'm just loafing around, can't believe I've actually watched Sound of Music for the millionth time! :oops:

Velvet
31-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Can sympathise, had my gallbladder removed few years ago & yep, its one bad pain. How are you today?

lynz85
31-12-2010, 09:26 PM
ouch! sorry your feeling so unwell! ditto with the gallbladder pain, i had mines out last year, if it really is on par with giving birth, then it should be a breeze when i decide to have kids! yeah, just stay away from fatty foods, thats what triggers an attack, i was really ill a few xmas's ago with it :( but i thought it was ibs back then!

Velvet.Tears
31-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Glad you are feeling a little better, I hope you are a whole lot better soon.