PDA

View Full Version : So much for eat, drink and be merry!

farthing
30-12-2010, 01:02 PM
We have the flu, and it is a real nasty one. Mike isn't as bad as me, thankfully because I have been bedded for 2 days and I won't be up to much today either. The house is a mess, the animals all need cleaning out, but they are fed and watered and I feel so guilty for being ill!
I have been aching so badly and had such a sick feeling I've hardly been able to sleep and so far over the last 3 days have eaten a bowl of cereal and a tin of fruit. We both had 24 hours of very runny noses and have a very chesty cough.
I hope everybody else is well, and nobody gets this bug, its a real horror!

calismum
30-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Sorry to hear that farthing. I had 'flu in November and had forgotten how it floors you. The animals will be fine as long as they have shelter, food and water. Try not to fret too much, and make sure you give yourself time to recover.

Squirrel
30-12-2010, 01:46 PM
*gentle hugs*

Sorry to hear that Farthing, flu is a nasty thing. Hope you feel far better soon.

MrsH
30-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Sorry to hear you're not well, just take it easy. House mess really doesn't matter you know, just take your time, the important thing is to get really well before you try to cope with "stuff"
:bighug:

Shelley123
30-12-2010, 03:30 PM
So sorry to hear you and your husband are poorly, farthing and hope you both feel better very soon.

Mags
30-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Hope you'll both be feeling better soon, Farthing ...

angieh
30-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Do hope you are both feeling better soon farthing. Sorry to hear that you and your hubby have been feeling so poorly. I am properly grateful to have had the flu jab at the beginning of the Winter.

dandysmom
30-12-2010, 05:34 PM
One thing after another; this has NOT been a good year, farthing. I do hope the worst of the flu is over now and that you'll start eating and getting your strength back soon. Don't worry about the house, that's not important, getting well is! (((hugs)))

yola
30-12-2010, 05:42 PM
So sorry to hear you're so unwell. I know from January this year how ghastly full-on flu is; 2 weeks of being bed ridden and then weak as a kitten for another couple of weeks.

Do you have someone who can pop over to help? If neither of you are well enough you really should rest all you can . . . lots of 'get well soon' thoughts coming your way.

Kazz
31-12-2010, 11:00 AM
If its the "winter bug" which it sounds like from your description then I empathise with you. Loads of people at work seem to have caught it and gone down either really hard like you or bad like Mike. I hope you feel better soon seems the cough appears to linger but you do feel better. Happy and HEALTHY New Year to you,