PDA

View Full Version : Dry Food advice

Velvet
08-12-2010, 02:49 AM
What is the best age to transfer kittens onto adult food?

I have heard some differing advice from 6 months onwards or some will say wait until they are at least 12 months?

dandysmom
08-12-2010, 05:16 PM
No experience with this; when I got Misty at 5 months, I wasn't aware that she should have been on kitten food; she ate my adult's food and lived to 19 1/2. I knew better when I got Dandy years later: but he preferred and ate the adults food and they both loved his kitten food, so I just gave up and let him eat what he wanted. I know it's important as kittens have different requirements, but it didn't seem to hurt my two any.

Velvet
08-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Thats good news then as ive found a sensitive dry food that agrees with Tim except its for adults, this firm dont do sensitive for kittens:) they will still get their wet kitten food:)

Moli
08-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Any fosters I have had, have always prefered adult food...they would leave the kitten biscuits and pinch the big boys food!

angieh
08-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Yes, I still have uneaten kitten food in the cupboard ..... Pip much preferred adult food but the kitten variety is meant to have a higher protein level ........ but as we know really it's down to what your cat likes and will eat!

Velvet.Tears
16-05-2011, 09:44 AM
I only fed mine kitten food from a few weeks even Tiger's kittens wouldn't really bother with it they wanted Tiger's food.