PDA

View Full Version : Cats really do hate the smell of citrus!

dandysmom
26-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Oranges are things I never have around the house as I don't like eating them, although I love juice and buy it regularly. Well, my nice neighbor's wife dropped off four for me this afternoon, so I got out my Mom's old juicer thingy and was using it ... Leia jumped on the counter to see what I was doing, and with the most horrified expression on her face ..... gagged! And fled! I'd never sen a cat retch like that before.... :shock: :mrgreen:

calismum
26-11-2010, 11:30 PM
Oh, how could you!!! Poor Princess.

Didn't realise their dislike was quite so strong, but that might be why there's a tip about putting peel on flower beds to keep them off.

dandysmom
26-11-2010, 11:42 PM
I've heard that tip too; this was a really dramatic reaction ... you should have seen her face .. a mixture of horror and disbelief! I'm a bad mom as I couldn't help but grin a bit ........

Tink
27-11-2010, 12:02 AM
haha oh i'm sure that must have been comical, she will get over it hehe :wink:

Velvet
27-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Awhhhh poor little girl

angieh
27-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Well, bad mom indeed, but at least now we know where the geometry acronym The Cat Sat On An Orange And Howled Horribly might have come from!!!

Poor Leia - so glad she didn't actually sit on the orange!!!

dandysmom
27-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Angie, what does that acronym stand for? I hated geometry .......

angieh
27-11-2010, 06:59 PM
You had to put the initials in a block of 3 x 3; so if you can imagine the top row is T C S - Tangent; Sine and Cosign; the middle and bottom rows are
O A O
A H H
which stands for Opposite over Adjacent; Adjacent over Hypotenuse and Opposite over Hypotenuse

You use these to work out the dimensions or angles of triangles. WHY you may ask??? WHY indeed!!!!

(Probably the only bit of info I remember from secondary school!!!)

dandysmom
27-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Good Lord, sines and cosines are in trig if I'm not mistaken; we never had them in geometry! You must have had a very advanced class.