PDA

View Full Version : Coat change/colour

Velvet
25-11-2010, 03:13 AM
When we first got Amber her coat was thick and quite coarse. It also looked dull and "dusty" especially around her head if that makes sense.

With proper nutrition, grooming [lol when she allows it] and generally being pampered by two foots and canine 4 foots she has come into her own.

We have noticed that the coat feels much softer, still thick, beginning to get a soft sheen, but she is no longer a dull grey colour - at the rescue they said she was a silver tabbly. Her coat has taken on a decided blue colour, I thought this was happening before but its actually fact now.

Has anyone else ever seen this happen?

angieh
25-11-2010, 04:41 PM
I do think that colours can strengthen or fade as a cat grows up. Pip's orange kitten colouring has darkened to a gorgeous red/gold and I don't think "ginger" ever really suited his colouring.

The change in coat texture as you rightly say is due to better nutrition and grooming. I can always tell if my two are feeling good and happy when their coats go really silky! Well done. I think we need new photos of Amber so we can see how well she is looking now!!!

dandysmom
25-11-2010, 05:32 PM
I second the pic request!