PDA

View Full Version : Where has Pip been???

angieh
16-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Here's a little competition/game ...

Pip's fur generally smells a bit metallic - not overpowering, but does make me think of pennies in the pocket - that sort of smell. But today when he came home mid afternoon, it was just beginning to get dark, I gave him a cuddle as I normally do and couldn't stop burying my nose in the fur around his neck. He is a lovely soft boy and doesn't mind his mummy doing strange things like that! Anyway, his fur smelt of caramelised sugar ..... in fact he smelt good enough to eat!

There MAY be a prize for the Catseyer who comes up with the best (IMO) story of where he could possibly have been to have come home smelling SO DELIGHTFUL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(sorry Mods, if I've put this in the wrong place ....... )

lynz85
16-11-2010, 10:41 PM
he broke into an ice cream van! :lol:

dandysmom
16-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Hmmm. Could be he went to visit a nearby favorite neighbor, wandered into the kitchen for a quick look-see and saw........ three mice on the counter brazenly gnawing on a tray of freshly baked still warm cinnamon buns? So, being the mighty hunter he is, leaped on the counter drove off the mice. but overturned the tray in the fracas and got some sugar on his coat... the scent lingered after the evidence had been tidily removed.

Plausible? :mrgreen:

Phoenix
16-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Pip decided to visit the local bank and went on to visit the local bakers for mummy :lol:

dandysmom
16-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Scenario #2 (I am having fun with this :D)

Pip is wandering down the lane when a UFO appears above him and beams him up ... the aliens are impressed at what a handsome little cat he is and want to examine him thoroughly in their study of life here on Earth. They return him safely unharmed, but the anaesthetic they use, oddly enough, smells to us just like caramelized sugar ......

Tink
16-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Pip was walking in the woods and he saw a tree with a carving the shape of a cat engraved in it.
At the base of the tree was lots of catnip plants and offerings of mice.
He saw what looked like a rabbit hole in the ground and poked his head in only to tumble all the way down into a long,complicated tunnel. He landed in a small wheelbarrow of fluff and looked around to see a candlelit cave where fairies busily worked.
He padded around in disbelief and came upon a large cauldron where butterflies and angels were dancing around..it smelled sweet like candy and he dipped his head in to lap up a taste of the rainbow color swirled liquid the fairies were now mixing with a large wooden ladel.
A peculiar looking fairy with kitten ears and a tail flew over and bopped him on the head. "You musn't play in the stew, it's not ready yet".
Pip wandered over to a sweet smelling oven where an old, kind lady was taking out a tray with large mitts. "Ah so you've found us, come along and see then..".
Pip cautiously jumped on her shoulder and looked down to see little balls of fluff wriggling on the tray. Then he heard little mews. Could it be? Up they popped, a dozen little kittens and she set them on the table to hop around until they cooled.
"This is where little kittens are made, dear Pip. You came from here too once".
Pip was very confused and gave an inquiring look. But how could this be?
His eyes wandered to the wall where there seemed to be a note written in bold for the old lady's eyes.
"Recipe for Kittens: Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice".
And so all made sense.
"You can visit whenever you like", the old lady said, "but you musn't tell anyone, especially the humans".
Pip padded home and hopped on his Mummy's lap. She wondered aloud what that glorious smell was on his fur.
Pip smiled and purred to himself.

angieh
16-11-2010, 11:41 PM
LOVE THE STORIES!

Can't say who's exactly in the lead ... but I think Sollywollywolly might have had a paw in it too!!!

Pip says "Catseyers are clever humans .......... and full of imagination!"

Squirrel
16-11-2010, 11:53 PM
Pip ended up going through a hole in the fence, when he got through the other side he realised that he was in a completely different place. It was cold, and wet, and that nasty horrible white stuff was everywhere.

In a short while though, he was rescued by a family in a cabin, who seemed to be after a pan full of the white stuff...

They brought him indoors, and he was then able to watch them as they swirled a sugary mixture into the snow and it hardened to make sugar sweets.

The younger of the two girls ate one, and then stroked Pip's fur, leaving some of the sticky substance over Pip's fur...

Of course, he gave himself a good wash, but that didn't get rid of the smell.

It wasn't much later that he found a gap in the cabin wall, which he realised would take him back home, so he slipped through the gap, and quickly returned to his home, smelling of a strange sugary substance...

Phoenix
17-11-2010, 12:12 AM
Pip was walking down the road today when he suddenly saw a bright light shining from a field. He wandered over to see what the bright light was and got transported into a parrallel universe where everything is made out of catnip and sugar. He rolled around in the catnip (coating himself in sugar) before having a good wash. As he was washing himself a kind lady came out of the sugar cottage (stuck together with caramel), fed him some sugar flavoured cat food and gave him a sugar bath to get the sticky sugar off his fur. Pip purred and rubbed round the kind lady in thanks and then headed off home to where his mum was patiently waiting.

:lol: I'm enjoying this too :lol:

Velvet
17-11-2010, 04:32 AM
You should all get together & write a best seller!

angieh
17-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Pip is enthralled by these tales of where he might have been. The sugary smell in his fur is more like toast this morning, but tinged with a sort of sagey aroma - still rather nice!

Shelley123
17-11-2010, 05:39 PM
I think he's been in Willy Wonkas chocolate factory !

dandysmom
17-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Angie, is the game over or are we to do part 2 explaining the toast?

angieh
17-11-2010, 09:10 PM
......... weeeelllllllllll, amalgamating the two explanations might give some splendid results!!!

Why not, go ahead!

calismum
17-11-2010, 11:14 PM
You see, this is when I know I lack imagination. However, I love the stories and have to say they all sound completely plausible.

dandysmom
18-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Pip woke early the morning after his alien abduction, with no aftereffects; decided he would go to the forest and hunt for wood mice. But he took the wrong turn and came into a clearing with a small cottage, smoke coming from the chimney and the door ajar. Well, no curious cat could resist that so he crept in and saw a little old lady sitting in a chair with her leg in a cast up on a ottoman.

Oh hello, little cat, she said! I'm waiting for my daughter to come and fix my breakfast, I can't move with this leg, do you think you could help me, I am hungry! Pip, being a nice helpful little cat said he'd be glad to try, although without a opposable thumb it might not be easy ...

He managed to put some porridge in a pot and hang it on the hook in the fireplace to heat, then cut some bread and was toasting it over the fire with a toasting fork when the porridge, which he'd hung too close to the fire, began to smoke and boil over, hissing and sizzling! In his haste to move the porridge he dropped the bread into the flames where it promptly caught fire and smoked up the little cottage ....

Just then the daughter arrived, said Mum, what is going on and what is this cat doing here ...shoo! She rescued the scorched porridge and threw out the burnt toast; Pip decided it was a good idea to go back home and tell Kizzy about his adventure.

But Kizzy said you have been dreaming, cats can't cook and you have been sleeping here in the sun this morning, silly boy!

But why did Pip's fur smell like .... burnt toast???

angieh
18-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Wonderful Eileen ................. that little Pip has such grand adventures!

angieh
19-11-2010, 01:25 PM
I am very much afraid that neither I nor Pip can decide who is the winner - therefore EVERYONE on this thread will be getting a communal present!

Just have to wait a wee while as I put it together!!!

Thanks everyone who wrote such lovely scenarios.

dandysmom
19-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Thank you, Angie, for giving us the opportunity to have a little fun!! Can't wait to see the present!