PDA

View Full Version : Feathers everywhere

Netty
13-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Woke up this morning to the house covered in feathers. I mean feathers all over the place! I heard Oliver playing this morning, but thought it was a toy (or one of my socks, he likes playing with them!), but when I got up OMG!, it looked like a massacre in the bedroom, in the bathroom and the hall and all down the stairs! Didnt know birds had so many feathers. Poor thing.

EmmaG
13-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Horrible isn't it. I remember once one of our cats must have got a very young bird and played with it indoors (and then eaten it) there was loads and loads of really fine feathers - they stuck to everything including the hoover - took me hours clearing up the mess.

Netty
13-11-2010, 12:13 PM
He didnt eat his, just played with it. I didnt know birds had so many feathers, was sure there had to be more than one!

lynz85
13-11-2010, 03:15 PM
oh no, poor little birdie! would have been worse if he decided to eat it, oh the mess!

angieh
13-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Poor bird. I know there's nothing can be done to stop it, but I do get upset when my two bring a bird in. Pip even has an extra bell on his collar. Perhaps the birds they catch are the less able - survival of the fittest?

Mistleto's-mum
13-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Sounds just like our Jinxie we used to have, he did exactly the same thing with birds xx

dandysmom
13-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Fortunately birds don't come in the house, so my inside crew never got to strew feathers! What a mess that must be!