PDA

View Full Version : A present from Harley *BEWARE*

angieh
05-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Some of you will know the story of Harley the stray cat that lives in our old hen house because he bullies Kizzy and Pip too badly to be allowed to live indoors. We take care of him the best we can and feed him regularly while we still try to re-home him.

Most days he brings us presents which he leaves by the front door. We've had mice and voles and shrews but this is his most generous present so far.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/angieh_bucket/Misc/P1030751.jpg

Well done Harley - that's an extra thing to put on your curriculum vitae!

Phoenix
05-11-2010, 01:29 PM
I've seen bigger rats than that courtesy of Dylan angie :shock:

I'll swap Dylan for Harley :shock: :lol: (But then you'd have to rehome Dylan because Dylan's a big bully :shock: :roll: )

Well Done Harley :D One less rat :D

angieh
05-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Yes, it wasn't a particularly big rat RCR - one of this year's young I would think but it WAS his first rat.

dandysmom
05-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Well done Harley!! He should be very proud of himself; Leia sends congratulations!

Tink
05-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Good job, Harley! Should make that one of his selling points, he's a great hunter :D

calismum
05-11-2010, 06:53 PM
What a clever boy he is. Thumbs up for Harley.

MrsH
05-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Rats really freak me out :smt103 thank goodness we haven't had one brought home for years and years. Outside by the front door's not too bad though, we once had a headless one deposited in the hall :smt078

Well Done Harley!

Kazz
05-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Yukk.................Congratulaitons Harley any news from the lady who was interested?

Even now I still check the step before going out incase a "present" has been left Oscar present bringing did reduce me to slipper wearing for a while.

angieh
05-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Nothing further from the lady who called about him. I may have someone else interested via MIL's hairdresser. She lives in a lovely rural area and has no other pets. She needs a cat, according to the hairdresser but is afraid of getting close to another animals because of the distress of losing her last one. The hairdresser met Harley this afternoon and thinks he's perfect for her lady. She cannot take him herself as she has cats.

Kazz
05-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Nothing further from the lady who called about him. I may have someone else interested via MIL's hairdresser. She lives in a lovely rural area and has no other pets. She needs a cat, according to the hairdresser but is afraid of getting close to another animals because of the distress of losing her last one. The hairdresser met Harley this afternoon and thinks he's perfect for her lady. She cannot take him herself as she has cats.

I bet Harley makes himself well at home...............;).........................fing ers crossed.

dandysmom
05-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Fingers crossed that the hairdresser's friend will take him ,,,,,,,