PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Horror Films

Tink
27-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Continuing from today's daily (I'm getting ideas for horror movies to rent for Halloween night)...
What are your favorite horror films?

I have to go look up mine as I'm afraid they're foreign and I can't pull up the titles offhand:oops: ;)

Shelley123
28-10-2010, 12:14 PM
The Shining with Jack Nicolson, just love it and find it realy scary.
Also like interview with a Vampire and The lost boys.
The first horror i saw at the pictures was Friday 13th, i was a young teen then, it would be much too gory for me now.

dandysmom
28-10-2010, 03:24 PM
I got out of the movie going habit years ago; used to rent them but after three VCRs died, haven't bothered replacing them. I did enjoy Alien!!

angieh
28-10-2010, 04:35 PM
I liked Interview with the Vampire - one bit still makes me jump and I know it's coming! Also liked The Lost Boys. Found the original John Carpenter version of The Fog really scary - but the modern one I'm afraid was just nonsense.

When I was a teenager it was just Hammer Horror films and they really don't stand the test of time!!! More like Hammy Horror now.

HappyKatz
28-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Great thread Tink - just in time for halloween :)

My favorites are The Shining, The Exorcist, Silence of the Lambs, The Bone Collector, Any of the Final Destinations, Flatliners, Mirrors, I know who killed me...etc.

Just have to mention the movie Wrong Turn & the Rob Zombie movies (House of 1000 corpses), very gory. Movies I just can't watch...any of the Saws...no thank you.

calismum
28-10-2010, 09:38 PM
The Shining - just love the way the suspense builds and builds

The Exorcist - don't really think I would find it scarey at first view now, but I went to see it when I was 18ish and I couldn't sleep in my bed that night - sat in the chair and watched my bed float up and down !!!

Seen final destination 2 the other day and was horrified.

The Descent is IMO very scarey - I think because it ticks my 'claustrophobia' box.

Agree the original 'Fog' is so much better that the newer one.

I also thought the film where a few couples are on aboat and they all go in to the sea for a swim, but forget to put the ladder down is quite scarey - can't remember thename.

yola
29-10-2010, 09:57 AM
I tend to avoid horror films as I'm too much of a wimp to watch them. But one that really disturbed me was (not strictly horror but had some horror-like moments) Pan's Labyrinth.

Elaine
29-10-2010, 07:40 PM
I have way to vivid an imagination to be watching horror movies, my life is a horror movie:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last sort of scarey film I saw was SAW 3, have to say I really enjoyed the first one but it did mess with my head for a bit;)

Tink
29-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Hehe thanks guys. I agree the Rob Zombie films and Saw(s) are a bit too intense for me. K thinks they're just fine but they mess with my head too!
And the Final Destinations, I'm so paranoid after I watch each one of those.
Yola, Pan's Labyrinth is one of my all time faves :D