PDA

View Full Version : Baby Casper- An update

Phil
23-10-2010, 01:32 AM
For those who saw little Casper's intro - I thought I'd just do a wee update on how he's getting on.....

A couple of days in - he's still in his run. He obviously gets time out of the pen for a play but with the dogs it's not easy.

As for the introductions - mixed results.....

Murphy and Paddy (cats) have been pretty good. Nice and calm despite his enthusiasm with a modest swipe required. I can live with that. Early days and all that.

Dogs -

Poor Fingal (my Springer) is so kind - He has no idea what a curvy back and a bushy tail means so his big kind friendly hello nose is bleeding.:(

Skye (Deerhound X Old English) - pokes his nose in but Casper is happy with that.

Breagh (Pointer x Lab) she's just into the food so Casper is yet to respond

dandysmom
23-10-2010, 01:59 AM
As you say, Phil. early days yet. Dogs don't understand cats body language. do they? I'm sure all will settle.

Phil
23-10-2010, 02:10 AM
As you say, Phil. early days yet. Dogs don't understand cats body language. do they? I'm sure all will settle.

Dogs and Cats :lol: I've been through it all before whether it be bossy cats with pups - or bossy dogs with kittens.

Every introduction is different so I'm keeping my eye on the ball so to speak.

Trying to hand this responsibility to my eldest daughter (Hannah) is testing me though as it's so hard to let her find these things out for herself whilst ensuring all goes well 'from a distance'.

Velvet
23-10-2010, 02:57 AM
I think you might find its better when they can all run together

Inititally Katie was scared of Tim as he bit and scratched her - Harvey took it all in his stride and loved "playing" with Tim, he missed that play time with arrival of Amber as Tim isnt interested in playing with Harvey anymore:(

When Amber arrived, the dogs were both enchanted with her + it helped Katie in her relationship with Tim, shes no longer scared of him:-D

PoshPuss
23-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Give em time they'll all meld together. So where's Caspar's picture then ? A Halloween kitty.... oooo, spooky :lol:

PS. found his pic in the Introduction thread- what a little smasher :-D

angieh
23-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Sure all will be fine Phil - sounds to me as if you know how to handle them all, cats, dogs, kids ............ :D :D :D

calismum
23-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Hope all continues to go smoothly. As you say each intro is different, but it sounds like they'll all settle well together.