PDA

View Full Version : Cats and the bath..

Tink
19-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Why are they so fascinated?
Kuan Yin used to be infatuated as a kitten; now she keeps her distance and watches from the door.
Hestia walks in and out of the bathroom doing figure eights into the living room declaring to the house Mum is in the Dreaded Water Again and this is an Emergency, please offer assistance!
Solomon tip toes on the edges and today tried to stand on my head in order to dip a paw in the water. Then he waded through it as it was going down the drain and licked his paws and very confused as to why Mummy can not invest in some properly flavored soap..such as Tuna or Liver?
Honestly, what is it with these cats??:lol:

angieh
19-10-2010, 08:34 PM
I love your descriptions Tink!

Merlin fell in the bath (with me in it) as a kitten - I jumped out to rescue him and wrapped him up in a warm towel - he just purrrrred at me! Never crept around the edge of the bath again after that. Now I use the shower.

Moli
19-10-2010, 10:29 PM
My Merlin loves the bath, he will sit on the side and dip his paws in the water.....Had a few fosters who used to sit on my shoulder while I was in the bath...

dandysmom
19-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Su-ling used to sit on the edge and watch me with a horrified expression! The others mostly ignored me after standing on their hind legs and peering at me in the awful water. No one has ever fell in!

Netty
20-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Oliver likes the water. He sits on the edge of the bath when Im in a shower and tries to get behind the curtain. As soon as I turn the shower off, he jumps in and drinks the last of the water as its going down the plughole. He also likes playing with the taps. Benny hates the water!

Velvet
20-10-2010, 11:41 PM
This is interesting, both Tim + Amber get into the empty bath and lie on their backs or playfight. They also find its a good hunting ground for spiders. We used to get a lot of spiders in the bath -never see them now:-D

dandysmom
21-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Oooh, may I please borrow Tim and/or Amber? Leia doesn't do spiders, and they give me the creeps!!

cats' staff
21-10-2010, 08:51 PM
One of the more pathetic sights I have seen is Smudge after a trip into the bath- full of warm bubbles and me! There really wasn't very much of her underneath all the fluff. Smudge never goes into the bathroom now and Tolly never has. Cleo will come out of the airing cupboard to see what the monkeys are up to and I often look round from my book to see a puzzled little face peeking over the edge.

Tink
21-10-2010, 10:13 PM
lol kitties are so funny about the bath :-D

dandysmom
21-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Oh CS, I can just visualize poor Smudge dripping wet and so embarrassed!!

Phoenix
21-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Dylan's fascinated with the bath only when there's no water in it. Today he went INTO the bath to have a wander round it and stared down the plughole like he thought there was a rabbit down there :roll:

jacks
22-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Minnie likes to sit on the edge of the bath when im in it and
then watches my toes as they appear and disappear under the bubbles.:D The end of her tail usually hangs in the water.:lol: After she gets bored with that game she jumps up onto the window sill and tries to do pull ups hanging from the fanlight window.:lol:

angieh
22-10-2010, 08:08 PM
aaaaaah jacks - Minnie thinks you have the perfect jacuzzi and gym!!!

cats' staff
22-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Oh CS, I can just visualize poor Smudge dripping wet and so embarrassed!!

She wouldn't have minded so much had the bubbles been from Harrods, but really- the Body Shop !