PDA

View Full Version : My Sal's Sunday

Kazz
17-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Well this is how she spends the day. Toy collecting is her major interest, along with sleeping in the sun, she likes to round up her "garden" toys of which kongs rate top of the pops as her prefered toy of choice, followed by anything else she owns raggers coming a close runner up along with empty flowerpots.

Here she is sleeping on the job.... her job is by choice keeping an eye on me....mind you she knows when I move...ears never sleep http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/104_1076.jpg

Keeping the toys in their place.....:roll:......http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/104_1089.jpg

And following the sun still complete with kong.... in this one you can see her ear is slightly red still......http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/104_1130.jpg

calismum
17-10-2010, 04:41 PM
She is a lovely girl - great condition to her coat.

Hope her ear is ok now and doesn't flare up again.

Kazz
17-10-2010, 05:10 PM
She is a lovely girl - great condition to her coat.

Hope her ear is ok now and doesn't flare up again.

Thanks she is slightly chunky but that is my fault (not excercising enough) but hey thats life, and dog walking :roll: but we like her anyhow.

Ears will be cleared out and she should be fine again then, been over 2 years since her last flare up.......odd.:?

But many thanks for your kind words. I don't have a cat but like to post something occasionaly.;)

angieh
17-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Sal is obviously quite focussed on looking after you Kazz and hasn't she done just the best job?

yola
17-10-2010, 05:39 PM
She's a lovely girl . . . d'ya know, every time I walk past a Staffie; irrespective of who is holding the lead, I always think of you and Hilary and your dear Staffs.

Kazz
17-10-2010, 06:05 PM
She's a lovely girl . . . d'ya know, every time I walk past a Staffie; irrespective of who is holding the lead, I always think of you and Hilary and your dear Staffs.

Aww Thank you very much, that is such a lovely thing to say:oops:, however while Sal may well be in Dinah's league but I will never be in Hilary's :shock:

But you never know Yola one day it could be me...................:-D:roll: scary eh??

yola
17-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Karen, don't put yourself down. You are a star - as is Hilary; not being on OFF much I've kind of lost touch with her

The one time I met you when you brought Myshka to me for me to adopt him; I was very impressed by your pragmatism and straight speaking. That's something many will be put off by but I see as an extremely positive character trait . . . keep up the good work :D

Kazz
17-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Karen, don't put yourself down. You are a star - as is Hilary; not being on OFF much I've kind of lost touch with her

The one time I met you when you brought Myshka to me for me to adopt him; I was very impressed by your pragmatism and straight speaking. That's something many will be put off by but I see as an extremely positive character trait . . . keep up the good work :D

Just popped onto OFF to say Hello to her hope she catches it posted in General Hello and then pats "Stafford Sunday" should I hope ctach her attention.

Injected by a gramaphone needle my Nan used to say about my talking.:roll:

According to my good friends I talk straight from the shoulder and tinge it sarcasm to soften the blow.:? and they are my friends.

Where as you were simply a diamond shinning through the catawaling.

Moli
17-10-2010, 07:22 PM
She is beautiful Kazz, gorgeous glossy coat.

dandysmom
17-10-2010, 08:07 PM
She's looking great, Kazz!

Hilary has not been on OFF for quite some time, sent her a PM but no response. :(
Busy with grandchild, I hope .......

Kazz
17-10-2010, 08:31 PM
She's looking great, Kazz!

Hilary has not been on OFF for quite some time, sent her a PM but no response. :(
Busy with grandchild, I hope .......

Grandchild???????????????????/I have been out of touch.:shock:

dandysmom
17-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Here you go, Kazz! Took a while to find the post.. # 5

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=3423

Kazz
17-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Thanks Eileen.

Shelley123
17-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Sal is lovely Kazz, what a shiny coat she has. you can tell she is working so hard to watch you and keep all those toys safe ;)
Do you stuff her Kongs ?

Kazz
18-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Sal is lovely Kazz, what a shiny coat she has. you can tell she is working so hard to watch you and keep all those toys safe ;)
Do you stuff her Kongs ?

On occasion but honestly not very often at all now - she adores the kong as it gives her something to "do" all Staffs are primarily chewers/gnawers and the kongs are ideal she has had the red one since she was about 12 months old, but the black is the favourite no idea why:?
When she was younger (older pup) I did stuff a puppy kong for her if she was going to be left alone for more than 3 hours or so, and on odd occasions when I want to keep her "otherwise ocuppied" like long car journey (Devon/Cornwall) I will when I think about it, now sometimes with a little dairylea cheese or similar meat paste or pate smeared just around the inner large lip just to "surprise her";) Because they have such a keen sense of smell just a small amount can keep her attention for hours.

Do you stuff Malika's or does she have one?

Shelley123
18-10-2010, 12:10 PM
On occasion but honestly not very often at all now - she adores the kong as it gives her something to "do" all Staffs are primarily chewers/gnawers and the kongs are ideal she has had the red one since she was about 12 months old, but the black is the favourite no idea why:?
When she was younger (older pup) I did stuff a puppy kong for her if she was going to be left alone for more than 3 hours or so, and on odd occasions when I want to keep her "otherwise ocuppied" like long car journey (Devon/Cornwall) I will when I think about it, now sometimes with a little dairylea cheese or similar meat paste or pate smeared just around the inner large lip just to "surprise her";) Because they have such a keen sense of smell just a small amount can keep her attention for hours.

Do you stuff Malika's or does she have one?

Yes Kazz, Malaika has a Kong, she doesn't realy bother with it unless i stuff it.
I usualy do this maybe once ot twice a week. I've not been very adventurous as yet.
I usualy give her less biscuits for her meal and put them in the kong with grated cheese.
I did have a look on the kong website but so far haven't used any of the recipes.

Kazz
18-10-2010, 06:44 PM
But her breed are not chewer(bullbreeds) are they; Basenji's are primarily hunters so I would imagine she wouldlike searching sort of games like hiding something under a bucket and finding it....scenting it out.

Or am I off track?

See Staffs were bred to fight and they can't do that so tey chew kongs...well mine do ;)

Shelley123
19-10-2010, 12:13 PM
But her breed are not chewer(bullbreeds) are they; Basenji's are primarily hunters so I would imagine she wouldlike searching sort of games like hiding something under a bucket and finding it....scenting it out.

Or am I off track?

See Staffs were bred to fight and they can't do that so tey chew kongs...well mine do ;)

Yes they are hunters Kazz, but they do like to chew, usualy things they shouldn't have :roll: They particularly like plastic, my last Basenji, Benji was shocking for pens, combs, spectacles, his parting shot was to chew Howard's new specs up :shock: . We once heard him chewing in the corner and discovered he's pinched my MIL false teeth out of her handbag :shock: :shock:
Malaika isn't too bad, she's only destroyed the rug :shock:
We have started leaving her out of the crate when we go out for short periods.
You are correct they do like brain games but for some reason when we hide her toys they have to be realy obvious and she needs lots of clues. Strange realy because she's so bright in other ways.

angieh
19-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Non-doggy sort of comment I expect Shelley, but could Malaika have any problems with her nose? Don't suppose so because you'd know in other ways, but your comments made me ask the question!

Shelley123
19-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Non-doggy sort of comment I expect Shelley, but could Malaika have any problems with her nose? Don't suppose so because you'd know in other ways, but your comments made me ask the question!

Good question Angie, but no she doesn't have any problem with her nose except sticking it where it shouldn't be :-D

angieh
19-10-2010, 01:00 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Elaine
19-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Lovely pictures of Sal, we dont see her enough.;)

Kazz
19-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Lovely pictures of Sal, we dont see her enough.;)

Thank you.:-D