PDA

View Full Version : A busy week.

farthing
12-10-2010, 07:03 PM
We have a busy and stressful week ahead and I hope I remember everything I'm supposed to.
Tomorrow I have Donald and Fluffy (cats) into the vet for thyroid blood tests, then later on we have Lady and Levi (dogs)- Levi's eyes are weepy and Lady has started to cough when lying ( bit worried about this). At the same time I have to remember to pick up a crush cage to put Urchin in the next day.
On Thursday Urchin ( cat) is in for a load of tests and possibly a castrate (if fit) and Polly the rat is in for a lump to be removed. Katie is in to find out if she has lost enough weight to be speyed and I will collect a couple of left over VHD vaccines to to a few more of the rabbits.
Winston, one of our foster dogs, comes back, for I don't know how long, and I severely hope he gets on with the other dogs. I think he will be fine but he is a big boisterious boxer so I hope he is careful around Deli- the others seem to know so I hope he will too. The blacksmith is also coming on Friday so one of us will have to deal with him, while the other keeps an eye on the dogs. The cage for the kakarikis has arrived at my sister's and we have to find some time to collect it and move the kaks in- it is suppose to get down to 1 degree on Saturday. Then over the weekend I have invited the girl who wants to volunteer over with her parents to make sure we are all happy with the set up- although haven't heard anything about this yet.
Its only Tuesday and I'm knackered already.:lol:

angieh
12-10-2010, 08:17 PM
I do hope all goes according to plan for everything you have on this week farthing. Perhaps you need some Rescue Remedy? Oh, and a wipe board for all those appointments.

dandysmom
12-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Oh wow, when do you find time to eat and sleep!?? Busy indeed; hope all goes well, farthing.

Mistleto's-mum
12-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Good luck with your busy week, i'm tired from reading your post xxxx

Shelley123
12-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Hope all goes well with your volunteer. If i lived near you i would gladly help

farthing
13-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks Shelley, I would gladly have you.:D

Well this morning added some new things t think about, I had a phone call from my sister to tell me my brother's wife was in hospital with a suspected stroke ( they live near Edinburgh). I got another call at lunchtime to say that the doctors now think she has an infection, possibly a virus, in her brain, she was getting a spinal tap today sometime to confirm. She appears to be better because last night she didn't recognise her husband or daughter, today she knows them but still has no idea where she is. Its scary stuff, she's only in her early 50's so hopefully fit enough to recover well although I think it depends on how quickly she responds to the treatment.

Here the 2 cats have been blood sampled and the vet was pleased with them - both put on weight.
Levi has an eye infection and Lady sounds a bit wheezy but her heart is fine. I even remembered the crush cage for Urchin tomorrow, but my head is now in a twirl and I am still waiting for tea.