PDA

View Full Version : Sooo Livid

Mistleto's-mum
12-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Cpc Who dealt with chester and now Tabby have sent Tabby's ashes to us by Royal mial special delivery.
Well the stuid person at Royal mail delivered our Tabby to the wrong address and put a card in as they were out!!!!!!
We got the tracking no from Cpc but the complaints person at Royal Mail have told us any one with that card can take Tabby.
He told my mum she is not allowed to go to the sorting office with is at the back off us as she dont have a bank statement or the card.
She has a Passport as i.d.
We are so upset, our little girl is in the building behind us and we cant even get her.
Mum is ringing the manager of the sorting office at 6 am to find out what the hell is going on.
How stupid are Royal mail, we live behind them!!!!
If we cant get her then she is going back to cambridge for Cpc to resend her out again.
All i want is for our girl to be home where she belongs.
Is that really too much to ask for???

Mistleto's-mum
12-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong place x

Elaine
12-10-2010, 07:15 PM
So sorry to read this Louise, I know just how upsetting this can all be only too well.
Can I ask, did the Cpc address the item correctly? If so, then the responsibility lies with Royal Mail. A passport and a utility bill in your mum's name should be more than enough to claim the package. I'd get onto their Customer Services first thing.
Any one with the card CAN NOT pick Tabby up, it MUST be the addressee and they must provide proof of who they are and their address, the fact that the postie has put the card through the wrong door makes it their error that they should address and make amends.

angieh
12-10-2010, 08:13 PM
I am so sorry - this is a very sad and upsetting time as it is for you and this just makes it so much worse. I do so hope you can get Tabby back home very soon. ((((HUGS))))

dandysmom
12-10-2010, 08:27 PM
What a dreadful messup, I'd be livid too. I'm so sorry and hope you can get a sensible response from someone and get Tabby home. :(

Mistleto's-mum
12-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Thank you both soooooo much.
Mum is phoning the manager at 6am so i will update once she has spoke to them.

Thank you so much xxxxxxxxxxxx

cats' staff
12-10-2010, 08:46 PM
How rotten. I live near Cambridge so I don't suppose it is any help but I could collect Tabby and send her to you but it does sound as though it is Royal Mail that are the problem.

Mistleto's-mum
12-10-2010, 08:55 PM
How rotten. I live near Cambridge so I don't suppose it is any help but I could collect Tabby and send her to you but it does sound as though it is Royal Mail that are the problem.

Thank you for your offer to help but Tabby is at the sorting office behind us!! xxxx

cats' staff
12-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Thank you for your offer to help but Tabby is at the sorting office behind us!! xxxx
Sorry- I meant if she gets returned through their incompetence- hope it doesn't come to that though!

Mistleto's-mum
12-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Sorry- I meant if she gets returned through their incompetence- hope it doesn't come to that though!

Thank you, thats very kind of you.
I hope it doesn't come that too.

Thank you once again xxxx

PoshPuss
13-10-2010, 07:50 AM
How awful :( it's bad enough you are waiting to receive her back let alone have this anxiety due to the incompetence of the mail. Heads should roll! :evil:

Mistleto's-mum
13-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Mum phoned our sorting office Manager at 6 am and told him the situation and he said he was sorry and he couldn't understand how the can miss our road as we're behind them!!
He said he was going to look for our parcel and phone us back.
It took him 2hrs and 15mins to phone us back by this time its now 8.15am, he has found Tabby and asked mum why it said redeliver on the packaging on 14/10, mum said that is the idiot i spoke to last night and i said i would get her not have her redelivered, with that the manager got someone to bring her round so we didn't have to go out as my mum was quite distressed by this time so at 8.30am our girl made her long awful journey home and she now next to chester.

Mum phoned Cpc (they were waiting for the call and everyone in the office knew what had happened and couldn't believe the stupidy of Royal mail) and told them Tabby's home and the address on the package was correct and we even compared it to the packaging Chester came home in and they are exactly the same so Royal Mail are to blame.
Mum has yet again today phoned and made a complaint, the idiot she spoke to last night is being told how you should speak to ppl over the phone and have a little compassion when they explain their reason and not tell ppl anyone can go and get their parcels, and the manager here is being told about his satff.
We cant fault the manager here, he was really nice and made sure someone brought her home but thats not the point, this should never should of happened and Tabby should of been home last friday.
My mum cried so much last night knowing Tabby was behind us and has been there for days when she should of been here safe with her family.

I pray this never happens to anyone as this has been such a distressing time, i'm just so glad she's back where she belongs, at home with her family xxxx

angieh
13-10-2010, 12:34 PM
I really feel for you and your mum. I am so very glad that your dear Tabby is home finally and laid to rest next to Chester. I am sure that now her spirit is peaceful and she can run free and play with Chester and all our lovely Catsey friends who have gone before. RIP Tabby.

((((HUGS)))) for you and your mum. I am glad that the manager actually did his job properly and had her delivered home where she should be.

Edited to say - with both Smudge and Merlin's ashes, they were delivered back to the vet surgery and I went in and picked them up so have never had to rely on Royal Mail for such a sensitive delivery.

Mistleto's-mum
13-10-2010, 12:44 PM
To be honest i will be petrified to use them again for this situation.

Thank you soo much xxxx

calismum
13-10-2010, 02:39 PM
What a terrible ordeal to put you through.

I am relieved that they are now together and that the Royal Mail manager is addressing the issue.

alexgirl73
13-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Very relieved to hear that Tabby is finally home where she belongs. I can only imagine how distressing this has been for you all ((hugs)) x

dandysmom
13-10-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm so glad the ordeal is finally over and Tabby is home where she belongs. I do feel so sorry that your Mum and you had to go thru this because of incompetence; no one should have to endure that. (((hugs)))

Elaine
13-10-2010, 08:58 PM
I am so pleased that Tabby is now home with you both. I remember only too well how distressed I felt when Eva went missing.
Big hugs to you and your mum xxx

cats' staff
13-10-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm glad she is back with you

jan
14-10-2010, 11:44 PM
I feel so sorry for you all at this sad time - so glad it was eventually sorted out but terrible that you had the ordeal. Much love Jan x

Velvet
14-10-2010, 11:54 PM
How Awful for you all. My heart goes out to you. Im glad you have Tabby home safe & sound

Mistleto's-mum
17-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Thank you.
I would of thought we would of got an apology letter but nothing, i guess they dont feel how we feel xx

angieh
17-10-2010, 08:23 PM
That's just it I'm afraid MM - the rest of the world moves on. It sounds trite at the time but I'm afraid that's how it has to be. No-one really understands unless they have experienced loss and it doesn't really matter whether than loss is human or animal, it hurts just the same.

Mistleto's-mum
17-10-2010, 08:30 PM
It sure does xx

dandysmom
17-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Sad, but true :(

Kazz
17-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Sorry to read of the problems that you faced you would think the process would be simple enough yet it appears not in practice.

Glad Tabby is home with you now.

laurafife
18-10-2010, 11:28 AM
I hope you get things sorted out okay xxx

Kobster
24-10-2010, 09:22 AM
So sorry to hear of this ordeal. What a nightmare. Bad enough you've lost your pet to know her remains are within arms reach and you cant' get to them...and they way your mom was treated on the phone is inexcusable! Hugs to you and your family. Rest in Peace Tabby