PDA

View Full Version : Ronnies fur

CathyW
04-10-2010, 08:56 PM
hes not a long furred cat, so no matting. but hes got lumps of fur makes stroking him feel bumpy. been trying to groom him. but its like holding back the tide. getting hard work as hes not keen on being groomed. reggie washed constantly (obsessive almost) but ronnie hes a bit lazy. any advice. for the rufty tufty ron-ron :-D

Donna
04-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Do you have a furminator? That might get the loose fur out, so it doesnt clump up? I know what it is like to groom a cat that doesnt like it. I use food as a way to tempt them near me with the brush!

dandysmom
04-10-2010, 09:37 PM
I agree with the Furminator, also a treat after he's let you groom him so he associates it with something pleasant.

CathyW
05-10-2010, 12:02 PM
ive got loads of brushes and combs. and its a 2 person job to brush sir. reggie loves it. ronnie well he sees the brush and hes off like a shot. as fast as his furry feet will go.

Donna
05-10-2010, 01:21 PM
ive got loads of brushes and combs. and its a 2 person job to brush sir. reggie loves it. ronnie well he sees the brush and hes off like a shot. as fast as his furry feet will go.

I have to get my daughter to wrestle my two to the ground and then give them some treats whilst I brush :lol: