PDA

View Full Version : just had my home visit

lynz85
03-10-2010, 01:12 PM
i contacted cats protection on monday and have just had my house visit! :D it was the same lady that came out before when we got mondo and she remembered him :) sooo looks like i may be getting a kitten in a week or so!! there are some 8 week olds they are just going for a vet check and waiting on the mum getting bloods done! better get ordering some new play things then :cool:

Tink
03-10-2010, 01:17 PM
ahhhh very exciting, happy for you, can't wait to hear who it will be :D

lynz85
03-10-2010, 01:25 PM
:-) it will be a wee boy and all i know is mum is a long haired grey. does that mean the kittens will be longhaired? also my mums cat is still with me, i know i need to let the kitten settle in but if its used to having lots of play friends is it better to keep her here so she is introduced to him straight away? im thinking this also as i want her to take to him well

Tink
03-10-2010, 01:38 PM
I imagine that would be fine seeing as it's a little boy it probably shouldn't be a problem, she might just see how small and young he is and decide to take him under her wing :wink:

lynz85
03-10-2010, 02:06 PM
yeah thats what im hoping for, she must have met mondo when he was around 6 months old and she didnt like him, she did start to like him better over the years. i think he annoyed her at first, we think he fancied her :-P so im hoping she will take to a youngster better, if not we can send her home.

Abby
03-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Ive always wanted a grey kitten!! They are beautiful!
I know it might be slightly different, but when we got our George he was actually just 5 weeks old!! (we didnt realise - we picked him up from a farm house) and he loved our dog Mia (shi-tzu cross with a yorkie).
Unfortunately Mia was having none of it and just barked at George - come 2 hours later Mia wanted to know but George let out a 'dont try that with me' ;) hiss - 2 days later they were best buddies, sleeping and playing together - theyve been best friends ever since!

Good luck!! Youre gonna have lots of fun with your new addition Im sure :)

dandysmom
03-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Congratulations on the coming arrival! Yes, I think the adult female will probably accept a little male kitten. He could be short medium or longhaired; depends on what genes the sire was carrying. Whatever, he'll be a joy ... lucky you! :D

Shelley123
03-10-2010, 04:41 PM
How exciting for you, can't wait to hear more about him.

calismum
03-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Sounds as if he'll be well occupied when he arrives. Looking forward to hearing all about him.

Netty
03-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Dont buy expensive toys, I did and what does oliver play with? bits of rolled up paper!!!!

lynz85
03-10-2010, 06:24 PM
haha i know! mondo liked to steal the straws out of my juice, or he'd sit and wait til i finished a packet of crisps and i had to fold it into a triangle and give it to him :lol: and my mums cat steals my bobbles!

i spent under £30 im proud of myself! i got a new scratch post with a hidey box and 2 levels, a few balls, jingly mouse, a feather wand and a crinkly tunnel :p i have a couple of toys left aswell.

dandysmom
03-10-2010, 07:54 PM
A box, a paper bag, an old shoelace, a bird feather, a ball of crinkled foil .... excellent cheap toys that they enjoy as much as bought ones, if not more. Oh, and catnip if he's a reactor when adult ... kittens don't respond to it.