PDA

View Full Version : I've lost it!

farthing
28-09-2010, 05:38 PM
We have just agreed to take in another rabbit- in fact she was delivered this morning. The owner has gone to uni and mum and dad don't have time to care for her- she is 5. She's a lovely white lionhead called Betsy.

I was so quiet for such a long time and suddenly there are animals needing homes all over the place. I guess now we are a registered charity, people think you will take in all, never thinking that the amount of money you take in or the time you have doesn't really change!

dandysmom
28-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Don't stretch yourself too thin, farthing. You can't help them all; I do so admire what you do for these animals!!!

Donna
28-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Lucky bunny is what I say.

farthing
29-09-2010, 11:29 AM
I know we have to be careful about the animals we take on, I don't want to compromise care or diets. I guess I think we can give better care for the oldies and don't want to see them going to busy rescues where they may be overlooked.
We do have 2 people aho want to do voluntary work here. A 16 year old girl who wants experience handling animals because she wants to be a vet and an older gentleman who wants to do a couple of afternoons a week, just tidying up and keeping things neat. It will be a huge help.

angieh
29-09-2010, 11:42 AM
That's such good news farthing - especially if, after the initial showing what needs to be done, you feel confident that the volunteers are capable to get on unsupervised. That will be a load off your mind.

Velvet
29-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Well done - I have a friend who had to give her buns up due to a lot of personal reasons - she searched long and hard untl she found someone wonderful like yourself.

dandysmom
29-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Good news! Hope the volunteers work out well that would be such a big help. :D