PDA

View Full Version : Which is best?

Kimble
27-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Two kittens/cats same sex or one of each sex?

Is it true that two boys will always fight even if neutered? Theyve been told the family who were to take Kimmy's brother dont want him anymore, & they asked us if we would be interested in two

What do you all think? We had thought originally of two kittens

angieh
27-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Apart from my recent unresolved problem with Harley (who was a stray), I have had one of each, twice! The first time they very rarely came to blows, but didn't like each other; this time Kizzy and Pip are very companionable - they are not litter mates.

Plenty of other members have more cats in their house and will be able to offer a wider and wiser experience.

dandysmom
27-09-2010, 09:54 PM
I''ve never had two males at the same time, but many members do and I can't recall any posts about excessive fighting Alex has Broxi and Cooper, Yola has Bailie and Myshka, just to name the first two that come to mind ....

Mags
27-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Moli has four males who appear to get on well together.....

Manyana13
27-09-2010, 11:47 PM
My Harry and Vinnie are from the same litter, and are 2 and a half years old now... and I have never had any problems with them fighting or not getting on. :-)

lisa01uk87
28-09-2010, 05:22 PM
i have two males and two females, none are litter mates, but the boys play together and love each other as if they were releated, there is only 1 and half months between them, my youngest female is still getting situated in the house she is only 9 weeks and i brought her home on friday, my eldest female usually takes about a week to get used to a young kitten and a couple of weeks to get used to older kittens (about 4 months, the age in which i brought both my boys home) although in saying that she took to strife, my youngest boy much quicker than she did trouble, but i have never had any problems with fighting, just all noise (by that i mean hissing, and that all comes from my adult female)

my mum has 3 boys and one girl and her second youngest male who is about a year and half now has no issues with the kittens, once they get bigger only when they are small coz he doesnt know how to play with them :lol:

hope this helps a bit

Tanya
28-09-2010, 09:01 PM
I have two males and one female. Ella and Alfie are from the same litter and Oli is three years older. They LOVE each other. ;)

Moli
28-09-2010, 09:31 PM
I have 4 neutered boys and a foster boy at the moment, having no problems with any of them...

Kimble
28-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Thank you. You have all really helped. We are going to the rescue at the weekend. Soooooo excited.