PDA

View Full Version : Cathedral Cat

dandysmom
27-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Last night I was watching a documentary about our national Cathedral here, and learned something I never knew. There is a resident cat, a 15 year old black and white DSH, the official mouser, beloved by all. She patrols the close in her job, and, when not actively mousing likes to hang out in the Herb Garden, hence her name, which is ....... I love this! ........ Catherine of Tarragon! :D

angieh
27-09-2010, 04:08 PM
That's a wonderful name! Great story Eileen.

calismum
27-09-2010, 05:14 PM
How lovely. The name is just the best isn't it.

Tink
27-09-2010, 08:03 PM
That is very, very cool :-D

dandysmom
27-09-2010, 08:18 PM
I got curious after posting this and Googled. Since the documentary was filmed, Ms Tarragon has retired and is living out her days in a posh home in Georgetown!

Shelley123
27-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Lovely story, has Ms Tarragon been replaced do you know ?

angieh
27-09-2010, 08:56 PM
I've been trying to think of other names with the same class as Catherine of Tarragon. I am failing so far!!!

Manyana13
27-09-2010, 11:53 PM
What a fab name! And a very interesting story! :-)

calismum
28-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Did a quick Google and found this

'Ms. Tarragon was only a kitten when she began her work as an entry-level mouse catcher in the Cathedral Greenhouse 15 years ago. It is there, where she spent most of her career until the closing of the Greenhouse in 2008. During which time, Ms. Tarragon inspired a retail product line at the Cathedral's Museum Shop where Katherine cards can be found. She spent the remainder of her professional career in the Cathedral Library, helping CCS and Cathedral records staff with daily office activities such as chasing strings across the floor, sleeping on the outgoing mail, and basking on the warm floor in front of the copy machine. Ms. Tarragon spent most mornings outside the front door of the library greeting everyone from staff and bike messengers, to visiting dignitaries'

Obviously a well loved girl.

angieh
28-09-2010, 08:49 PM
That's a lovely tribute CM, written I think by someone who held her in high regard.

I love "entry-level mouse catcher"!

There is a picture of Ms Tarragon here (http://cathedralchoralsociety.blogspot.com/2010/01/katherine-of-tarragon-announces.html).