PDA

View Full Version : Finally got Dylan

Phoenix
25-09-2010, 09:33 PM
We've got Dylan here now - his journey went much better than we anticipated - didn't hear so much as a squeak from Dylan, I think he's left his meow behind :lol: (he proved me wrong when we got in but I still think he's forgotten half his meow, he's been quietly meowing since we got in)

I gave him some herbal stuff just before the journey and we positioned him where he could see where we were going :D

He hissed a little bit towards younger brother but younger brother was playing around with a toy snake at the time so think that had something to do with it.

I'll be getting pictures soon, once I've got the camera found again and sorted :roll:

No sign of any bad travel sickness though :-D he had one little accident (pee wise) but other than that nothing :-D

Elaine
25-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Good, I am pleased;)

dandysmom
25-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Oh good news, glad Dylan's back with you.! :D Will you be keeping him in for a bit till he feels settled?

Phoenix
25-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Oh good news, glad Dylan's back with you.! :D Will you be keeping him in for a bit till he feels settled?

Yes, we're letting Dylan decide when he's settled (introducing him to the house slowly, so far he's only seen one room) I don't want him feeling too overwhelmed with everything that's going on.

Shelley123
25-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Great news RCR, hope he soon settles.

calismum
25-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Glad you've got your boy home where he belongs.

angieh
25-09-2010, 11:59 PM
That's such good news RCR. Bet you are both really glad to be back together again.

Phoenix
26-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Dylan thought it was party time last night :lol:

PoshPuss
26-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Lovely that you are back with your boy RCR. Spend some happy times showing him around the place. Hope he settles well. x :)

Manyana13
26-09-2010, 01:00 PM
That is lovely that you have him back! :-)

cats' staff
26-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Glad to hear you are back together- enjoy!

Phoenix
26-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Dylan had a really long wander round the house this afternoon :lol: He started off exploring the upstairs then sneaked downstairs to see what everyone was doing. He went on the settee, went down the side of it, explored behind it, lets put it this way I don't think there's much of the inside he's not seen now :lol:

He had a bit of a yowl but think he was calling to see where we all were, sounded like it anyway. He got a little bit panicked.

angieh
26-09-2010, 08:06 PM
It will take him a while to realise he will be living somewhere other than where he's used to being ....... does that make sense?

Have you got a Feliway spray in case he gets anxious?

Phoenix
26-09-2010, 11:01 PM
It will take him a while to realise he will be living somewhere other than where he's used to being ....... does that make sense?

Have you got a Feliway spray in case he gets anxious?

No, because I know from experience feliway makes Dylan more upset than just using herbal stuff.

He's not been spraying at all since he came here, starting to think it's other cats that cause his spraying (so far he's only seen one in the garden, all he did was stand watching her)

Edit: He's just told me he urgently neeeds a tummy rub :D

Phoenix
27-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Last night Dylan decided he was going to sleep on my bed again and every now and again during the night he'd give me a nose rub :-D