PDA

View Full Version : Neighbours!!! *RANT*

Smokey
25-09-2010, 10:23 AM
How can I stop my neighbours "stealing" my cat!!! I have asked them too many times now NOT to let him into their house but still they deliberately open their door to let him in! I spend ages calling for him and hear their door slightly open and all of a sudden he appears from over their fence. They have their own cat which I hasten to add they never worm, deflea, vaccinate, has no ID on it, is NOT neutered and ******s off for weeks on end! I regularly deflea, worm etc but still Smokey comes home from theirs riddled with fleas, I have spent a fortune defleaing the cat, dogs and whole house this week because of them. They think its cute but I am increasingly getting very angry towards them and having trouble stopping myself losing my rag with them! How do I stop them?!

dandysmom
25-09-2010, 04:30 PM
How very annoying! Short of keeping Smokey in, which I;m sure you don't want to do, I cannot think of any solution. Apparently talking to them is like talking to a brick wall. :(

angieh
25-09-2010, 04:41 PM
That's a horrid situation - you sound at the end of your tether. The only thing I can think of now is a solicitor's letter, but that might make things even more difficult and would be expensive I suspect.

Just had another thought - do you have a local Citizens' Advice Bureau? You could ask them if they can suggest anything else.

MrsH
25-09-2010, 06:48 PM
What a difficult situation, don't know what to suggest other than being really rude and telling your neighbour to keep her door shut to your cat as you're sick of him coming home with their fleas!

calismum
25-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Cannot think of anything other than the advice above. How iritating for you.

Do you think perhaps keeping him in for a few days might break the habit?

Elaine
25-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Dont know about English law but in Scotland it is an offence to steal some one elses cat. I am pretty certain that your neighbour wont know the law regarding this either, so why not write a letter telling her that you are upset that she has ignored what you have said in the past and that if it continues, you will have no alternative but to contact the police or which ever authority you wish. You could also add that your cat is on a special diet and that she may well be causing the cat harm by feeding it.
Thats what I'd do.

Donna
26-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Tell them he is on medication which he needs at certain times of the day, and them holding him in their house means he cannot get his meds. Tell them to spend more time looking after their own cat!!!