PDA

View Full Version : Helping around the house

calismum
07-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Tonight I've been catching up on the dreaded household chores.

Izzi and Breagh thought they'd help too.

I started to clear out the wardrobe - gave up as they were hanging from the clothes, it is now less organised than it was when I started.

Cleared up kitchen - extracted kittens from both the pot cupboard and the third shelf in the larder, how they got up there I'll never know.

Hoovered the hall and lost one of them. Izzi has discovered how to get on top of the fish tank.

Got extra help changing the duvet - omg - never again.

Sat on hall floor talking to friend on phone with Izzi bouncing on the cord and Breagh treading over the base.

They are such good fun, but if I carry on like this I'll never get anything done :-D

dandysmom
08-09-2010, 02:08 AM
You had me in the giggles reading that!! Lovely word pics ...can just see them and their antics,

They'll only be kittens for a while, the tidying up and reorganizing will always be there.... enjoy while they're little mischiefs into everything!! :D

angieh
08-09-2010, 10:41 AM
I agree absolutely! Enjoy their antics - they don't really last that long, apart from the help with the duvet cover!!!

Manyana13
08-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Hehe... sounds like they have been having fun!! :-) Mine still do the duvet thing! It is like they have this radar that tells them that we are changing the duvet as they are always there when we need to change it! ;-)

yola
08-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Hoovered the hall and lost one of them. Izzi has discovered how to get on top of the fish tank.

LOL!!! I thought you were going to say you'd sucked one up the hoover :oops: Great stories, you are brave taking them on . . . :lol:

PoshPuss
08-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Lovely to hear of your kitty antics, Posh, as gorgeous as she is, makes a lovely ornament and puts most of her energy into changing her sleeping position! :roll:

dandysmom
08-09-2010, 04:08 PM
LOL, PP, I think Posh and Leia are related!! :mrgreen:

Tink
08-09-2010, 05:25 PM
*giggles* oh, you've got to love kittens... :lol: lovely stories :wink:

Netty
08-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Casper is the very same. He "helped" me change the bed. Jumping at my hands as I was putting the pillowcases on, diving at me from under the duvet. I was sorting out socks, pairing them off and he runs off with them, trailing them like a tiger between his front paws! He "helps" me with the dishes too, sits at the edge of the sink and plays with the bubbles. Then when I dry them and put them away, hes in the cupboard before the dishes are! Its amazing how quick they are! Things seem to be taking twice as long, except for the hoovering, he doesnt help with that!!

calismum
08-09-2010, 07:16 PM
I fully agree - the hosework will always be here - they will be babies for such a short time.

Netty - that did make me smile!

PP - think of the effort she has to put in to get that pose just right though!

Moli
08-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Kittens make housework fun!!

Danielle0211
09-09-2010, 05:48 PM
How lovely!
Yeah Bhindi does the duvet thing too. I love it I think of it as our special activity together!