PDA

View Full Version : Why I love Arthur

EmmaG
01-09-2010, 06:01 PM
He slept under my chin (me laying on my side in bed) all last night to keep me company whilst husband was away :-D Great fun trying to sleep with my head on the cat but we both did!!! :D

Kazz
01-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Awww ............I miss my cats.

dandysmom
01-09-2010, 07:37 PM
That can be remedied, Kazz ..........

yola
01-09-2010, 07:53 PM
That's lovely Emma :D Arthur's just looking after his Ma.

Myshka has slept on my feet or against my side every night since we got back from Italy. I know the novelty of having us back will wear off soon, but it is nice to have a fluffy bod close by.

Manyana13
01-09-2010, 07:53 PM
That is so sweet of your cat. My Harry does that when my OH is away, he is in the Navy so is away often. I love it when Harry does this, and he purrs all night long, I don't get the best sleep when he does this mind, but wouldn't change it for the world.

Cats are so wonderful! :-)

angieh
01-09-2010, 07:56 PM
I miss Kizzy and Pip on the bed, even though they took up a lot of room and OH had some bad nights as they WOULD both sleep on his side. Now Harley occupies the middle ground, a bit like a chaperone!

I am waiting for the cold weather to see if they will all share .....

Elaine
01-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Very sweet, I love cuddling up with the animals:D

dandysmom
01-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Leia doesn't sleep with me in the hot weather ... likes to be where she can get a bit of breeze in the window. I miss it ......

Wjat a nice cat Arthur is!

angieh
01-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Have we had a recent photo of the lovely considerate Arthur??? (hint!)

farthing
01-09-2010, 10:57 PM
They certainly know how to make us feel loved.

Moli
01-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Nothing like a purring cat to help you sleep....Beats snoring any day!!!

JBalways2000
01-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Thats so sweet!:D Its rare that my boys *dont* sleep on the bed with us:shock: They dont always start off on it, but most mornings when we wake the 3 of them are piled on us:lol: Rhino went through a phase where no matter where he was in the house within minutes of us turning the bedroom light off he would be jumping on the bed and flopping down onto my feet, it was very sweet. He and Hernie always curl up at our feet to sleep, never by our heads. Hernie is extremely precious because he will stay asleep on the bed until we get up-he stirs if we do and looks at us but if we settle back down he does too:smt007 Im sure Hernie is convinced he is a human!

AJ on the other hand is a brute!:lol: He nearly always wakes us during the night either wanting food or fuss and climbs all over our heads, licks our hair and eventually plonks down so that hes taking up all the room and puts his head on one of our pillows! we are such pushovers though because we leave him to it and put up with the neck ache the next morning:lol:

Raven was the one that slept on the bed the least, but he was another that would wake us for fuss-he would pat our faces and pull the blanket back with his paw:smt049 He would however, snuggle with me on the sofa if i ever went for an afternoon kip. I so miss my boy.

But yes, i agree kitties are completely wonderful, i couldnt be without my boys and it feels wrong when i wake up without them on the bed, even if it is slightly more comfortable!:lol: I've found i actually sleep better now once i can feel the weight and warmth of Rhino or Hernie on my feet:oops:

dandysmom
01-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Oj I agree with that, JB, it's not the same when they sleep somewhere else. Leia takes up a lot of room, and always snags the warm spot when I get up to use the loo, but I do miss her when she sleeps elsewhere.

Tink
01-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Aww bless that is so sweet, they know when they are needed, don't they? Mine will casually sleep by my feet but if I am upset at all they will come and lay by my head, seem to know when I need a good cuddle and soothing purr.... :D