PDA

View Full Version : Lola really scared us today

Manyana13
30-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Our house is on 2 floors and I was upstairs today and had the windows open as it was so hot today, I walked into one of the rooms and saw that Lola had made it outside onto the windowsil (which is scary enough as Lola is possibly the world's clumsiest cat). I had obviously not put it on the security latch :( . Anyway, she had made it outside and also managed to close the window on herself! :shock: So I called my OH to help me to try and coax her to move along the windowsil so that I could open the window for her, but no... try as I might, she wouldn't budge. Above the window is a little diagonal window aswell - this was closed but for some reason Lola thought she would try and get back in that way. In some sort of a slow motion I saw her jump up for this small window and of course it was closed... and down she went off the windowsil. :shock: I swear my heart sank... I turned around and my OH had already dashed down the stairs. I opened the window to see if she was ok - expecting the worst as it is a hell of a drop.. and there she was chasing a butterfly, as if nothing had happened. :roll: We have checked her over and she is absolutely fine. Do anybody else's cats think that they indestructable too?

dandysmom
30-08-2010, 09:05 PM
How awful, you must have been terrified! Cats are good at landing on their feet, but that's quite a fall. Was there anything to break her fall, like shrubs? I'm glad she seems OK, but keep an eye on her, I'm such a worrywart I'd be concerned about possible internal injuries. There goes one life. Lola!

Manyana13
30-08-2010, 09:25 PM
There was nothing at all to break her fall. I really couldn't look out of the window straightaway to see if she was ok, as I was so scared of what I would be facing. I have been watching her like a hawk since it happened, and have been worried about internal injuries - I have been picking her up and feeling her all over and seeing if she reacts in anyway, and she seems fine and is acting her normal self. I will continue to keep an eye on her for a while though.

dandysmom
30-08-2010, 09:30 PM
She's probably fine, obviously no broken bones or limping. I do tend to fear the worst, which usually never happens :roll: Give her a chin tickle from me. I have screens in all the upstairs windows so that's never happened to me ...I know I'd
be a wreck if it did......

Manyana13
30-08-2010, 09:36 PM
She is purring away as I type and is very grateful of her chin tickle. Think I will invest in screens now!

dandysmom
30-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Well worth the price just for the peace of mind: not to mention keeping out the mosquitoes, bees, wasps and flies! :D

Tink
30-08-2010, 10:19 PM
oh goodness how scary, i'm glad she seems to be fine. these kitties sure do keep us on our toes, don't they?
give her a cuddle for me and maybe a stern word about not doing that again :wink:

angieh
30-08-2010, 10:21 PM
So glad Lola is OK - what a fright. Please give her another little chin tickle from me.

Shelley123
30-08-2010, 10:26 PM
My goodness it gave me a fright just reading about it. I understand what you mean about not daring to look. I am so pleased Lola is alright.

farthing
30-08-2010, 10:28 PM
My first cat, Snowy did this. I was in the bath when my granny call to say he'd fallen out of the window. I grabbed a dressing gown and rushed down stair, he was only about 6 months old and was sitting in the grass with grazed knee and chin. He was fine too but we always snibbed the window after that. Glad she is OK, they are a worry.