PDA

View Full Version : 12 week blowdry

EmmaG
26-08-2010, 08:39 PM
I have been reading a lot about the 12 week blow dry (Brazilian hair treatment) but didn't fancy the expensive price tag of a salon doing it. So I have purchased the liquid myself and had a go today :shock: So far so good, hair feels nice and soft, shiney and straight.

I will not be able to wash it for 3 days :roll:

It did take me 1 hour and 15 mins to do the treatment and I will report back what my hair is like after the first couple of washes.

It is not meant to straighten your hair just takes it less fly away (and frizzy)

calismum
26-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Be interesting to see if you think it works.

dandysmom
26-08-2010, 08:53 PM
I'd not heard of this. Do let us know what you think.

Donna
26-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Have you a link? I have frizzy nasty hair!

EmmaG
27-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Here you go Donna

http://www.colournation.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=50

Well I work up this morning and my hair looks very good - not frizzy at all - like it normally it.

Donna
27-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Here you go Donna

http://www.colournation.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=50

Well I work up this morning and my hair looks very good - not frizzy at all - like it normally it.

Is that where you bought it from? Link is to a salon?

I am just wondering where you bought it from as I couldnt afford the salon ones!

EmmaG
27-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Hi Donna,

Sorry I think I have confused you, I got mine from Ebay - the link above was to give details of the treatment.

The link to the ebayer is

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QOD-Max-Brazilian-Keratin-Treatment-Hair-Straightening-/150483422653?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Hair_Care_Hair_St raighteners_PP

Very quick delivery (delivered within 2 days - recorded post)

Well today everybody was commenting on how my hair looks, it is still very straight and shiney.

Tomorrow will be the second day and on Monday I can give it it's first wash and see exactly how my hair has taken the treatment. The treatment in salons cost from £130 and Toni and Guy start off at £165 to £220 - I can understand them charging this as it took me 1 hour 15 mins to do the treatment and I have fine hair.

EmmaG
27-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Picture of my hair taken a few mins ago

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g176/Egarnham/P1020073.jpg

Donna
27-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks Emma. It says you need to use special shampoo/conditioner after without sodium chloride... what shampoo do you use?

EmmaG
27-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I am going to use the shampoo that they sent with it at the moment - it is a 100ml bottle which will last me a few weeks.

You can buy shampoo in Boots that does not have sodium chloride in it - I am doing to pop to Lakeside tomorrow - I think it was trevor sorbie - colour one - that was free of sodium chloride. As soon as I have found some I will let you know.

If you do want to try it Donna - if my hair turns out ok I am going to pop to the hairdresser wholesalers next week and get a large supply - I can decant some into a bottle and send you some.

Donna
27-08-2010, 06:45 PM
I am going to use the shampoo that they sent with it at the moment - it is a 100ml bottle which will last me a few weeks.

You can buy shampoo in Boots that does not have sodium chloride in it - I am doing to pop to Lakeside tomorrow - I think it was trevor sorbie - colour one - that was free of sodium chloride. As soon as I have found some I will let you know.

If you do want to try it Donna - if my hair turns out ok I am going to pop to the hairdresser wholesalers next week and get a large supply - I can decant some into a bottle and send you some.

If you can get a large bottle at the wholesalers I dont mind paying you for some!! Thanks Emma - let me know. :D

EmmaG
27-08-2010, 07:44 PM
No worries Donna - no need to pay me, likely to pop to the wholesalers on Tuesday so I will let you know.

Kazz
27-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Good luck with the frizz...blitz both.

EmmaG
28-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Well second day and all is very good, hair straight again this morning, used some tresseme waterless shampoo foam on the roots (this is far far better than the dry spray shampoo) a quick blast with the hairdyer and it looked really good!! normally it would take me 20 mins to do my hair in the morning.

Donna
28-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Sounds promising!

EmmaG
29-08-2010, 10:08 AM
I was suppose to wash my hair this evening - that would have been the 3 days but decided to wash it this morning, and I am VERY VERY impressed. Took me 3 mins to blowdry and it now looks like I have spent 20 mins blowdring it and using the straighteners. It is soft and silky and no frizz what so ever, usually when I blow dry it I have to use the straighteners to get rid of the frizz.

To say I am impressed is an understatment. I will try and get another picture taken.

EmmaG
29-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Ok here is a photo - no products in my hair whatsoever. It does need a good trim though - haven't had it cut for about 3 months!!

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g176/Egarnham/P1020077.jpg

Kazz
29-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Hey that is brilliant news Emma, I have naturaly ramrod straight hair and used to want curl/wave anything but knowing quite a few people with curly hair I will stick with my straight time consuming.

Looks like you may have found your answer. Hair looks good.

EmmaG
29-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Thanks Kazz. The product really is designed to stop the frizz rather than straighten, I have the type of hair you have to blow dry to death otherwise it goes all frizzy or use the straighteners which now that my hair is getting longer I don't really want to keep doing as my hair was getting very damaged. If I could just wash and quickly blast my hair with a hairdryer or leave to dry naturally without it going frizzy it would make such a difference. Also I have the type of hair that if it is wet outside raining/drizzling and if I got out in it my hair gets frizzier and larger by the minute!! LOL

Well so far I am impressed. If it stays like this for a couple of months I will be totally convinced. Off to the wholesalers this week ;-)

Donna
29-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Your hair sounds exactly like mine Emma, I always have a large outline of "fuzzy hair" on top of my head.. it never lays down... the best I can get is just after hair straighteners have been on it, but it all turns back to frizz pretty quickly!!

Tis new product does look good!

EmmaG
31-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Second wash and hair looks really good - no need for staighteners - nice and shiney and very easy to blowdry - easy to brush when wet as well.

Donna - I emailed the wholesalers today and unfortunately they are out of the treatment and they do not know when they are getting stock, so I ordered another from the lady on ebay. She has sent me an email to her website where you can buy the product from (her price of £23 including P&P) also includes 100ml of shampoo you can use before and after. If you want to give it a go the website is.

http://braziliankeratin.weebly.com

She delivers very quickly as well.

Donna
31-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Second wash and hair looks really good - no need for staighteners - nice and shiney and very easy to blowdry - easy to brush when wet as well.

Donna - I emailed the wholesalers today and unfortunately they are out of the treatment and they do not know when they are getting stock, so I ordered another from the lady on ebay. She has sent me an email to her website where you can buy the product from (her price of £23 including P&P) also includes 100ml of shampoo you can use before and after. If you want to give it a go the website is.

http://braziliankeratin.weebly.com

She delivers very quickly as well.

Thanks Emma, might just do that!

EmmaG
03-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Still loving the hair - it has never been so easy to style - I think I have washed it about 5 times now and it only takes minutes to dry with a hairdryer - I haven't been near it with the straighteners.

Also been researching about the sodium chloride free shampoos and found a couple

Organix (available from boots) the vanilla silk and pomegranate green tea
Tresemme - Vit c - Deep cleansing

EmmaG
12-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Picture of hair today just left to dry naturally (I dyed it on Friday so it looks a bit darker than the other photos)

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g176/Egarnham/P1020104.jpg

Very pleased with it still!! I would never be able to leave it to dry naturally before as it would be totally frizzy!! no products in it at all.

alexgirl73
12-09-2010, 07:42 PM
certainly sounds as if you are very pleased with it Emma :D and you'll save as much as you paid by not buying products lol.

dandysmom
12-09-2010, 08:08 PM
It looks great, Emma! You have beautiful hair.