PDA

View Full Version : Strange hiding places

niki71uk
24-08-2010, 10:43 PM
have any of ur cats got strange places they like to hide?

in the last few days cass my younger cat has tried the bath,the tumble drier and tonite,the cupboard where i keep both cats litter trays:roll: :lol:

Manyana13
24-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Vinnie still hides in the bath and jumps out at us randomly when we enter the bathroom - he has always done this since he was a kitten and he is now 2 and a half years old!

Lola hides on the windowsil but only when the curtains are closed. And she will keep popping her head through to look at us every ten minutes or so and will pounce if we come near. Sometimes she falls asleep behind there and falls off and then just lies down wherever she has fallen - like as if she intended to fall (saving face me thinks).

Harry likes to hide behind the TV and has mastered how to switch it off at his leisure!

Aren't cats just peculiar creatures - in the nicest possible way!! :-)

angieh
25-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Can't say any of mine have ever hidden as such - but the behind the curtain I'll bet is a favourite with many kitties! I love your description Manyana!

Good thread - I look forward to other hidey-hole stories.

Tanya
25-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Ella has discovered that she fits under our new coffee table. It is very low so I am unsure how she manages this!! ;)

Alfie likes to lie ontop of cupboards ... and Oli likes his bed. ;)

dandysmom
25-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Sorry, I don't have any strange hidey-places to report :( But look forward to some more funny stories.

angieh
25-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Tanya's story of the coffee table brings to mind ..... when we'd just moved in to this house, many moons ago now (stop yawning, I'll get to the cat bit soon) both Merlin and Smudge, who were not small cats squeezed under our chest of drawers in the bedroom and didn't come out for days - I got really worried because the weather was really hot. I put water and food down for them, but as far as I know they were just so traumatised, they didn't venture out at all.

Took a while, but they did love it here, especially Smudge who just loved the biggish garden and definitely always preferred out to in.

jacks
25-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Minnie likes to be completly hidden by going under the quilt,under any clothes you put down.:lol: You have to be careful if you sit or lay on the bed as you cant always see the lump in the quilt and you squash her.Even in that hot weather she would hide there.If she got hot a paw would hang out.:)

Miranda Luck
26-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Fluffy can frequently be found in any draws, cupboards or linen baskets. I don't mind at all - unless she finds the freshly ironed stuff!!

farthing
26-08-2010, 05:36 PM
My first cat, Snowy like to try and hide in shoes- problem was he could only get his front feet and head in.:lol:

Tink
26-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Hestia will hide in any dresser drawer if it's left open..which is fine unless you don't notice and shut her in :shock: (I did that one Christmas! Imagine my confusion trying to track the muted meowing!!).

cats' staff
26-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Smudge can totally disappear and leave us flumoxed. She will eventually emerge but we often can't work out where from! We did discover one place which was tucked between the fold-up bed when it is folded up and the bookcase- a TINY space! She has others but she's not telling.

lynz85
26-08-2010, 08:32 PM
mondo's favourite place to hide was under the bed or in the cupboard! he also lay in random places, on top of my laptop, in the middle of the stairs(watch out!), in the washing basket! he once jusmped in the bath but didnt return after he couldnt get out! my mums cat loves to go in boxes or plastic bags! she looks like a heinz 57 but the vet called her a marmalade tortie! when she hides in bushes she is camoflaged so you cant see her, she regularly ambushes the dog when he goes out! :D