PDA

View Full Version : Toys for Kittens

calismum
21-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Going to hit PAH tomorrow to get some litter and food.

Obvoiusly can't leave without geting them some toys - any ideas?

They have been using wood based litter - seems quite nice, never used it before but may keep it.

Kazz
21-08-2010, 10:29 PM
When I fostered the two kittens last year I used toilet roll holders, plastic straws bent into shape of a spider..........tied in the middle. Ping pong balls (nice and light) but squash if you step on them, rather than sending you flying over the house. cardboard box turned upside down and cut kitten size holes in. Also used silver foil rolled into balls..... and sweet wrappes(crinkly) tied togetherin the middle like a spider again attahced to a piece of string I could pull tease them with............. oh yes and chestnuts/walnuts...to bat around the room.

I brought the teeny tiny mice from PAH, and a kitten sized climbing frame/box thing....

Kazz
21-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Oh yeah they adored newspaper tunnels.......................and softly scrunched up newspaper balls about as big as they were.....perfect to attack.

Tink
21-08-2010, 10:39 PM
mine go nuts for the little furry mice they have at the store that have feathers in place of their tails and rattles inside the body. we use wood based litter in this house because ferrets don't do well with the clumping or clay. i really like using it now as it is cheap and does the trick.

Kazz
21-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Have they got names yet; Or have you compiled a shortlist?

dandysmom
21-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Kazz already mentioned all the things I would have; especially ping pong balls, boxes and scrunched up metal foil. Shelled pea pods were always a favorite here.

angieh
21-08-2010, 11:23 PM
I got for both Kizzy and Pip from P@H a little plush mouse on elastic covered in fleece-like material on a material covered stick. Can't remember what it was called but they both loved it and although it broke after a while, they still have the little mice! Not expensive and was kind for a wee kitten.