PDA

View Full Version : Cat insurance?

Tanya
20-08-2010, 12:35 PM
My cat Oli has has so many problems, that we have decided that he has too many problems to insure ...

He had cat flu as a kitten so has got damaged tear ducts and looks like he is crying or has bad eyes, he has a heart murmur, he is on a sensitivity diet (had blood tests and other tests but vet could not work out what was exactly wrong with him), he had a very bad reaction to his vaccination so is no longer vaccinated and NOW he has to go and have a dental.

We feel that there would be too many things exempt from the policy to mkae it worthwhile. However, whatever vet bills come our way we pay! ;)

We also have two other gorgeous cats - Alfie and Ella. They are 16 months old. Both have had their bits done and are up to date with their vaccinations.

None of my cats go outside ... but I am looking at insurance.

I found this company online ...

http://www.pet-insurance.co.uk/

any good? or any suggestions for a good company?

Thanks

Tanya

JBalways2000
20-08-2010, 01:11 PM
I cant comment on the insurance company in the link, but all of my boys are covered by marks and spencers pet insurance and i would definately recommend them. We had to make two claims for Raven with them and they paid directly to the vets both times and from what i hear they paid very quickly. We just had to pay a £50 excess, we have them on the premier cover and it has gone up by about a £1 every year so at the moment we are paying about £11 a month per cat but its well worth it. the first claim was for around £800 and the 2nd for around £700. they even paid £100 towards the cost of the cremation:(

I will be sticking with Marks and Spencers now unless they change the premier cover. I did shop around before settling with them and they were the best at the time, but im sure others here will have had good experiences with other insurance companies. i know the vets themselves recommend petplan, but i preferred the cover offered by marks and spencers.

hope that helps!:)

EDITED to add that they do also offer a discount for having more then one cat with them and you get a discount to use with bestpet pharmacy too!

EDITED again lol to give you the link for them!
http://money.marksandspencer.com/insurance/pet-insurance/overview/