PDA

View Full Version : And I thought it was the puppy that had the identity crisis!

Manyana13
17-08-2010, 10:32 PM
It is such a beautiful night here that we thought we would take the puppy for a walk down the road to the park. We don't normally do this because we have a huge garden that she runs about in. Anyway, off we went... and a few minutes down the road we walked past some people going in the opposite direction to us and giggling, but looking at us, so I looked back... and right behind me was my trio of cats, all 3 of them walking alongside each other right behind me :shock: . They have never ever followed us down the road in the last 2 years we have lived here, but there they were walking with us and staying with us, so we let them be. They came to the park with is and the came home with us. We got a lot of strange looks mind, I mean who walks their dog and three cats to the park?! Our cats are part time outdoor cats anyway, but walked right by our sides, even though they have been to the park all by themselves before! It was so funny, I had to share it! We don't live in a big place, so I can imagine this will give the locals something to talk about (as I am not local). They must think us Scots are nutters! :smt101

dandysmom
17-08-2010, 11:55 PM
You know, Manyana, that's actually not too uncommon! There have been quite a few posts over the years here of cats doing that, and I've seen it once here in my own neighborhood. I guess it just shows what a happy family you have. :D

Manyana13
18-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Thats a bit of a relief... I was starting to wonder if me and my animals were just strange! It was pretty amusing and a lot of fun!

dandysmom
18-08-2010, 02:25 AM
I'm glad you did share that story; always interesting to hear the funny things our cats do. Too bad you couldn't get a pic! My cats were all harness trained and I used to get really weird looks from people seeing me out walking a cat on a lead. :roll:

angieh
18-08-2010, 11:32 AM
That's really lovely Manyana! Other people may think it's a bit odd, but I would see it as a huge honour. Those cats must really think they don't want to be left out of an evening walk. :lol:

Danielle0211
18-08-2010, 07:23 PM
When I lived at home one of our cats used to join us on the walk with the dogs but the backed straight into the woods as soon as we got to a grassed open area she wouldn't come any further. I don't think she does it anymore as she is 15 now.

Shelley123
18-08-2010, 10:13 PM
I bet it made a lovely sight Manyana.
One of our Cats accompanies us on walks to the field sometimes, if he becomes unsure he will go through someones garden and reappear further along.