PDA

View Full Version : Complaints about a pet shop

jamie18
12-08-2010, 02:11 PM
I was wondering what i would have to do to make a complaint about a pet shop?
I was out in town and came across a pet shop so i went in for a look. I was totally disgusted by the state of the shop as it was dirty and very disorganised. Walking about i noticed they had reptiles in tanks that wernt set up right and far to small for the animals. They were also dirty and obviously hadnt been cleaned right.
Walking to the back of the shop they had kittens and puppys as well as other animals like rabbits. All of the animals again were in dirty, cages that were to small with 3 to 4 animals in a cage.
The kittens they must have been atleast 4 months old due to the size fo them and there were 3 kittens in each small dog crate stacked on top of each other. They all seemed lifeless, just laying about sleeping.
What also shocked me was the amount of people in the shop. It was totally packed although i did notice that no one bought anything and it seemed they had all came in to look at the animals. There was no staff about and everything seemed to be in chaos. I also noticed that they had the Kittens priced up at £120 each :O

What would be the right way to make a complaint and who would i make it to? I dont want to send a letter to the manager for it to be ignored. Ive never come across anything like this in a pet shop and have no idea how to go about doing anything to get this problem sorted out.

borderdawn
12-08-2010, 02:16 PM
You need to speak to the licensing officer for the area the shop is in. Telephone the council and ask for the license inspector, they MUST act on any complaint.

angieh
12-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Good luck with making your complaint jamie18. Do let us know what happens.