PDA

View Full Version : "Girly" girls?

angieh
08-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Is your female cat "girly"? Does she act in a typically female way even though she is spayed?

Kizzy sort of sidles up and goes all coy, then collapses onto her back and has to have her tummy rubbed. When she comes to greet someone, her head always goes down and to one side as she rubs up. No one would mistake her for a male!

(ought to say this was inspired by boys mum's post about the boys having a girl friend who has now moved to pastures new!)

Just adding - if Kizzy had a favourite colour, it would have to be pink!

cats' staff
10-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Smudge is most certainly a girly girl! She even sleeps in an elegant manner, coyly peeping over the top of her paws. We have a running joke that she would like everything in pink, including pink fluffy blankets. She is a superior girly so her food bowls should be gold on a pink mat.

Cleo is girly in a diferent way as she goes 'eek' at a lot of thing- sneezing, telephones, plastic bags, yoga mats- and is a bit of a scaredy cat. She demands fuss with menaces though rather than flirting (I'm going to have to replace a library book as it has claw marks down the cover).

There is no denying the boy in the family! He has just come in covered in burrs and mud...........

angieh
10-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Great descriptions cats' staff! I do find gender differences in our furry friends very interesting and quite entrancing. Love the differences between Smudge and Cleo.

Pip would get on well with Tolly! Fearless, into everything and doesn't care what the weather is doing! Pip and Harley seem to be acting like brothers now too.

dandysmom
10-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Leia's a bit girly too, especially the way she rolls soliciting a tummy rub; more so than any of the former boys.

Tink
10-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Hestia is definitely girly :lol: She's actually quite a priss. Above all of us and hisses in dismay at our less than elegant behavior. If Hestia were human I think she'd be the snobbish kind of girl that only wears designer clothes. She walks away, nose pointed to the ceiling, if we are acting goofy or silly. And is incredibly dignified. But very coy if she thinks there's a chance she'll be pet :roll: :lol:
Kuan Yin is only girly about certain things. Like she seems embarassed about her toilet and the way she eats, you must cut things into proper bite sizes and such. She'd be more of the picky kind of girl that goofs around but still has things she likes done a certain way or she simply will not tolerate it :lol:

angieh
10-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Great descriptions Tink!

jacks
10-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Minnie is very girlie too.She wont get into fights with any other cat she looks at them,spits,hisses then runs.:lol: Shes nosey to.If she hears cats fighting shes up in the window watching and looking for them.
She dosent really like creepy crawlies,she will move out of there way.:lol:
Finally she talks nonstop:lol:

angieh
10-08-2010, 08:08 PM
I love these descriptions ................

cats' staff
10-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Lovely descriptions of ladylike cats!

One other very girly thing about Smudge and Cleo is the way they argue. It is quite hard to explain but they kind of bat at each other at arms length - it looks very silly and is totally ineffective but does look very girly.

dandysmom
10-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Where ever Patches came from in the 4 homes she had before me, they were definitely places that had higher standards than my house! She was appalled that my other two were allowed on the furniture! And the look of horror whe she saw anyone jump on the dining room table was hysterical. Definitely a girl cat who had her standards. :mrgreen:

Manyana13
10-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Lola is definitly a girly girl. She cannot meow so she has this dainty little squeek that helps her cause. She will sit and squeek for somebody to open the door so that she can go outside if there is anybody around - she is far too lady like to go through the catflap you know! She looks down on everything else and is known as Lady Muck in this house! In her ideal world, she would be living in a pink fluffy world wearing a tiara whilst sitting on her throne..and she would have slaves too of course! :-)