PDA

View Full Version : Just an Update

kado
28-07-2010, 11:21 PM
I havent been posting much on here recentley and i feel i must tell you why. Firstly Peaches and Spirit are getting speyed on Friday morning. The local cats protection are helping by taking and bringing them back. This is the part none of you are going to like
Maisey had a litter on the 16th of May. One went too a realy good neighbour and the other is going on Tuesday to scotland to one of there friends. I will have to leave it at least 2 wks before i can spey her.
I hate to say that Vera has had a litter they are 4 wks on friday and Smokey is the dad. Since his spey he has calmed down 100%. Vera lost one at birth and one died at 4 days. They have already been too the vets when the kittens where 10 days old as one had a realy bad eye infection but that has cleared up. Vera is a realy good mum and is so good with them. I have one realy small ginger boy which is 3 times smaller than the biggest. All the kittens have already got homes apart from the smallest one which might need extra help with its weaning. I dont want you too coo over them i just feel your all apart of my cats family and you needed too know.

Phoenix
29-07-2010, 12:43 AM
Good luck for Peaches and Spirit's spay (not that you'll need it;) )

Elaine
29-07-2010, 09:54 AM
I am outraged but not in the least bit surprised by this. They are only babies themselves and am not surprised that there were deaths. How very irresponsible and uncaring of you to put those poor cats through this.
It sickens me that you make posts which make out like you are some sort of independnt rescue, advise your neighbours to have their cats neutered but them breed from absolutely everything you own.
Absolutely outragous!

trick
29-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Can I ask why you are waiting another two weeks to have Maisey spayed? If the kittens are old enough to leave her then she will almost certainly be ready to come into season again now, are you waiting for her to become pregnant with her third litter within a year?
Also due to the deaths and small kittens, the likely cause is down to you letting them inbreed and possibly corona virus.

kado
29-07-2010, 03:29 PM
My vet will not spey her until her milk has dried up hense the 2 wks
They are not inbred any of them the father of vera's kittens is smokey

Elaine
29-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Doesnt matter who the father is, you had led us to believe that the boys, atleast, were neutered several months ago and that you had definately been keeping the males and females apart.
Why wasnt Maisey spayed after her last litter?

kado
29-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Becasue i couldnt get her there as we had and still have no transport. That is no excuse i know but we live in a villiage with out much transport. I have no uneutered males at all now. I did try too keep them apart.
I only told you who the father was because of Tinks post.

Elaine
29-07-2010, 05:50 PM
So you are telling me that for the best part of a year, there have been no busses, taxis or neighbours to help you get the cats to the vet?
It's always some one elses fault isnt it?
The vet didnt sex the rabbits correctly so they had babies. Your O/H let your son put the g/pigs together and surprise surprise they too had babies.
Then there is poor Maisey, apparently a rescue, pregnant, she has kittens, all of whom you keep and hey presto, mum and babies all have babies all because all transport has ceased to run in your villiage.

Correct me if I am wrong but wasnt Maisey sick after she gave birth last time? An infection or something? How very caring of you to allow her to go through a potentially life threatening condition after all she had gone through previously.

Words, believe it or not, actually fail me. I am disgusted, really disgusted.

kado
29-07-2010, 09:25 PM
The rabbits have all being rehomed as has the guinnea pigs. Maisey didnt have an infection she didnt agree with the kitten food. The only one too have any kittens is vera. The other 2 are getting neutered tomorrow. Yes i could have saved up and had them done before. I was in the process of getting them all done in january or early feb but because the only person in the villiage that could help became realy ill and couldnt drive every body else works and here i keep myself to myself. There is no possible way i could have paid for a taxi there back there and back. The bus is a no no. Before you say anything else about the rabbits i could not get rid of the rabbit waste. I asked everybody i could think of and used to get somebody to clear it once every few weeks. I dont have relatives that drive either. I am sorry that my actions towards my animals arnt the way you would have done them but they have all been vet checked, there all fleaded, wormed and fed as are my children before anything else is said on that.

borderdawn
29-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Im sorry but I have no other feeling except disgust. You must of had NO intention of having them neutered, you have deliberately allowed this, and you disgust me on so many levels. Eye infections already, common in poorly bred/reared and none health tested animals, poor poor things. I suggest you rehome ALL your pets.

Cant get rid of Rabbit waste? REALLY? Whats wrong with the local tip?

Elaine
29-07-2010, 09:49 PM
How come you can get them to a vet to be vet checked but cannt get them to a vet to be neutered?
You always insist that you can afford all your animals, clearly this is NOT the case.

EmmaG
29-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Oh dear. I have to say that I agree with Elaine and Dawn, this is appauling. No doubt you managed to get out of your village in the past year?? I am sorry but I doubt that any village in the UK is that remote, my grandparents live in a very small remote village in Lincolnshire but there is a bus that goes through it once a week.

What do you do for food?? go to a supermarket? or local shop?

If it was me I would be knocking on anybodies door to see if somebody could give me a lift to a vets.

If you cannot afford to give an animal the correct vetinary treatment you should not have animals. There are a lot of people on this forum who struggle with money but they manage to get their animals looked after and speyed. There are far too many cats/kittens in the rescue centres at the moment and you have just added to their problems.

If money for a taxi was an issue I am sure somebody from this forum (including me) would have helped out.

Very sad indeed.

dandysmom
29-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Very well put, Emma. I've stayed out of this so far, but must say I agree 100% with what you have just said.

alexgirl73
29-07-2010, 10:34 PM
:( :( :(

As Emma has just said, people struggle on here, me included. I am on a very low income, and ALL of my animals have seen vets when needed. Yes, people on here very kindly helped out 4 years ago with Teddy, but those were exceptional circumstances! I make sure they have the treatment required, even if I have to go without, and most importantly are neutered. There is no excuse for them not being Kado, and I'm not going to apologise for saying that, as I think you need to be spoken to quite directly here. It's time to start being sensible about rescuing every animal that comes along. You can't afford it, you can't give them the care needed and you certainly can't be letting them get pregnant willy nilly!!!

yola
29-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Jane, I read your post earlier today and have held back from replying because I felt quite angered by what I had read.

I now feel very disappointed that you, who purport to be an animal lover, feels justified in coming back on here and flaunting your failings as a responsible cat owner.

You know how strongly many of us feel about irresponsible breeding. I'm amazed that you want to raise your head above the parapet and admit to these recent gross errors of judgement.

I'm getting cross again - so I'll stop now.

Moli
29-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Have to say I agree with what everyone has posted, feel quite angry you allowed this to happen...and really feel for those poor cats....

Donna
30-07-2010, 09:30 AM
I agree too. Another low income here, but all six of my animals are spayed/neutered .

The rabbits that you have found homes for already have stopped the 33,000 that are currently in rescue getting a home.

The poor kittens also will stop some already in rescue getting a home too.

Very sad.

Phoenix
01-08-2010, 01:33 PM
The bus is a no no. .

Why is the bus a no-no kado? There are buses in Hull, a lot more buses than we got where I lived until recently :?

smudgley
01-08-2010, 01:36 PM
What a load of crap!

I agree totally with Elaine & Dawn!

You should have thought about all of this (cost of neutering / transport to vets) when you decided to keep all the kittens last time!...why should CP VOLUNTEERS use their time & fuel to transport YOUR cats to & from the vets becasue you won't take a taxi!

I make no apology for my posting!!

Phoenix
01-08-2010, 01:40 PM
What a load of crap!

I agree totally with Elaine & Dawn!

You should have thought about all of this (cost of neutering / transport to vets) when you decided to keep all the kittens last time!...why should CP VOLUNTEERS use their time & fuel to transport YOUR cats to & from the vets becasue you won't take a taxi!

I make no apology for my posting!!

I have to say I agree with you smudgley, or there's plenty of buses.

I'd have used a bus for Dylan or Beauty if necessary. (When Dylan's here I'll be within easy walking distance of a vet)

Dylan gets travel sick but I'd much rather that than risking anything nasty or an injury or something not being treated.

dandysmom
01-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Am I correct in assuming that animals in carriers are allowed on buses there? Here they are not, so the bus is not an option for me.

smudgley
01-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Yes Eileen they are allowed on buses here, no problem,

dandysmom
01-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks, just wondered.

Phoenix
01-08-2010, 05:10 PM
It doesn't cost anything for cats in carriers to travel on buses here DM.

dandysmom
01-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Sensible. I wish Metrobus would allow it; cannot imagine why it's prohibited. :(

Kazz
02-08-2010, 01:25 AM
Can I ask how you got your cats to the vets to be vet checked but not to be spayed/neutured.

Elaine
05-08-2010, 05:14 PM
I find it interesting Jane that you have been viewing this thread daily but cannt answer the questions asked.

Phoenix
05-08-2010, 07:47 PM
I find it interesting Jane that you have been viewing this thread daily but cannt answer the questions asked.

Has she been keeping up to date with it then elaine? I've not noticed her online lately (unless I'm being blind :roll: )

Elaine
05-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Has she been keeping up to date with it then elaine? I've not noticed her online lately (unless I'm being blind :roll: )

Yup, to both questions;) :lol:

Phoenix
05-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Yup, to both questions;) :lol:

Had I better get a guide dog then? :lol: (joke)

smudgley
06-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Had I better get a guide dog then? :lol: (joke)

Give me a call....:-D

Phoenix
06-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Give me a call....:-D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :-D

WOOF WOOf WOof Woof woof

(That was the dog running into the distance because Dylan teased it to the point where it ran off in fright :lol:)