PDA

View Full Version : Tolly got us worried

cats' staff
25-07-2010, 09:35 PM
OH found Tolly flopped in the garden on Thursday and we thought he had just overheated. He was a bit subdued on Friday and by Saturday was very fed up and growled if we tried to pick him up. We got him to the vet who discovered he had a temperature but could find nothing else wrong so she gave him an AB injection and something else I assume is the feline equivalent of calpol. Two hours later he was much improved. We took him back today for a second AB injection and his temperature is down. He is snoozing now but seems much better. He HATES the car and howled all the way yesterday. Today he took silent but smelly revenge..........
Apparantly he was probably scratched by something and had an infection, nothing worse than that. Phew!

calismum
25-07-2010, 10:01 PM
As you say, phew - they do love to worry us. Glad he's ok now. Wonder what scratched him? Guess you'll never know.

cats' staff
25-07-2010, 10:26 PM
We can't even find the scratch!

angieh
25-07-2010, 10:44 PM
What a worry! Glad to hear that Tolly is on the mend. Poor boy must have felt rough.

farthing
25-07-2010, 10:45 PM
I've seen cats with cat bite abscesses and they can be so poorly, but after the first injection they alway look so much better- Im alway amazed at how quickly antibiotics work.
Glad he is OK.

Shelley123
26-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Glad Tolly is ok

dandysmom
26-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Poor sweetie, glad he's feeling better now and back to his normal self. Give him a cuddle from me.

cats' staff
26-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks, he is much better now. I tried to give him a cuddle but he is back to being 'roughty toughty'- I'll catch him unaware with a chin tickle soon!

jan
29-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Glad Tolly is on the mend - I know Max was bitten on the leg by a neighbour s cat one Christmas and by evening he was off his food, moping, crying when touched and he needed anti biotics etc. My other cat Smudge though, same cat involved, big mean Tom that was nt neutered (so annoying for me as he constantly picked on other cats) came in one morning covered in fresh blood, and I mean covered. He was tabby and white and his white chest was scarlet. He sat and cleaned his paws very unconcerned that I was having a screaming fit and my son looked closer and saw a bite. The vet said it was so deep in the chest cavity he did nt know if it had even affected his heart, dosed him up etc and told me to keep him in and take him back the next day. Yet Smudge showed no signs of illness or pain and wanted to go back out not long after. (Needless to say, he did nt for a few days.) Amazing the different pain thresh holds there. Smudge used up all his nine lives and then some. What a nuisance an un neutered Tom can be though. (my neighbours.) Jan x

Elaine
29-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Poor Tolly, glad he is on the mend xxx
Could he have eaten a bug or bluebottle maybe?

cats' staff
29-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Poor Tolly, glad he is on the mend xxx
Could he have eaten a bug or bluebottle maybe?

Hmm, tried to post this once but it disappeared?

Tolly does have a tendency to catch flies and crunch them, could that have caused it? How on earth do I stop him????

He is back to his old self thanks but I managed a chin tickle on Catsey's behalf- he says 'purr'

dandysmom
29-07-2010, 09:39 PM
My Misty loved flies... she was a fantastic fly catcher and always ate them, yuk!!! But never had any sort of stomach/intestinal upset and went to the Bridge at 19 1/2. I seriously doubt if you colud stop him.

angieh
29-07-2010, 10:09 PM
......... and apart from the crunching bit (yuk) it's quite good fun to watch the leaps, bounds and twists that they put in to catching the flies - but it always happens when you don't have the camcorder ready.

dandysmom
29-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Misty was incredible ... she must have had some sort of ability to judge where it was GOING to be (ESP?) jump up and clap her paws together and ... dead fly. It never failed to amaze me.