PDA

View Full Version : Sit it out Saturday

Kazz
17-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Morning all.

Its cold and overcast here but the wind has dropped. Sure the sun will come back which will be nice, but changes in weather will always be my preference.:)
keeps life interesting.

Anyhow nothing much doing here, just chilling. And waiting for the threatening storm to break.

Swelly belly in evidence which I was told yesterday can be around for 9-12 months post op.......:shock:.....but feeling less tired everyday.

Elaine hope you feel a bit better today.

Hope everyone has a good day. Enjoy.

alexgirl73
17-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Morning Karen :)

Yup, cold and overcast here, but my eldest doesn't care as she's off to Italy with her school choir this morning :) Have to have her at the school by 11.30. The case is all packed (have we forgoten anything), and she's so hyped up it's unreal, glad I'm not going to be stuck on a coach with her for 28 hours lol.

Apart from that, nothing else planned this weekend. Monday morning I start gutting her bedroom!!!

angieh
17-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Hi Kazz, Alex! It's a better day here, sunny again but still a bit windy and not sure whether we'll get a shower or not. Still, washing is out so hopefully it will have time enough to dry. Another load in the machine.

Please make sure you are sitting down for this NEWS FLASH!!!

My OH had bought some golf shirts online - ones that need to be handwashed - he stood at the sink and washed them himself. One absolutely poured out colour! He got a round of applause but I denied him Brownie Points for buying such silly things in the first place!

Glad you are feeling less tired every day Karen - it's just amazing how anaemia can ruin your life but it's gradual and it's not until your blood count is good again that you realise how poorly you were. Well done you!

How exciting for your daughter Alex - singing in Italy! I hope she and the other choir members have a wonderful trip. I expect you're right about not wanting to be on that coach - if my school trips are anything to go by!

Hope everyone has a good day.

MrsH
17-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Not happy with doggie boy today. He rolled on some dead thing in the woods yesterday and obviously ate some of it as well. He seems to have passed the bulk of whatever it was and now has a runny, sore bottom and he's feeling very very sorry for himself. :smt078

He's getting some probiotic yoghurt today to help his gut so hopefully he'll dry up soon!

Otherwise it's a normal Saturday here, a lazy day in spite of the cool, dull weather.

Shelley123
17-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Hello everyone, naughty Dog MrsH, don't they just love dead things.
Angie good for you letting your O/H wash his own shirts, i just don't do handwashing.
Kazz hope you are having a lovely chilling day and your swellybelly goes soon.
alexgirl i hope your daughter has a lovely time in Italy, lucky girl.
Good night at my friends 50th birthday, lots of Northern Soul music which i love but can't dance to , so just had to watch. Cheese and onion pie, chips and peas for supper, yummy. No wonder i couldn't dance ;)
Off to a barbeque this evening with my youngest son, it's for all the volunteers at our local nature reserve.
Malaika was a little B..ch at training class this morning, lately she has become rather difficult and i couldn't get her to do, of course she did it for the trainer.
I feel very self concious in class though and i don't think it helps.

angieh
17-07-2010, 02:47 PM
The more things I hear about dogs from you Catseyers, the less I want one!

Still thinking about that miniature Schnauzer though!

Kazz
17-07-2010, 03:05 PM
The more things I hear about dogs from you Catseyers, the less I want one!

Still thinking about that miniature Schnauzer though!

In time our dogs become exactly the kind of dogs we deserve......;);)

angieh
17-07-2010, 03:51 PM

Whilst I accept that as true Kazz, there must be innate "doggie" things that one can't change, such as MrsH's Morgan rolling in dead things and Shelley's Malaika not wanting to go out in the rain............ the sort of things that are a bit like trying to stop a cat catching a mouse or a bird.

dandysmom
17-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Lovely day here, sunny, nice breeze, 29 C (82 F). We had another bad storm last night: no rain for months, then every day! We've almost wiped out the 5" deficit. To the bank, pharmacy and liquor store; no library run as I'm off schedule, went Tuesday.

A man who washes his own shirts! :shock: Hope the naughty dog feels better soon, MrsH. Alex, how cool for your daughter! Kazz, good that every day you're feeling better. Shelley, Malaika has a mind of her own, doesn't she? :roll: I'm happy to be strictly a cat person :D!!

Enjoy the remaining day...we have lost 5 minutes of evening daylight now :(

Kazz
17-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Whilst I accept that as true Kazz, there must be innate "doggie" things that one can't change, such as MrsH's Morgan rolling in dead things and Shelley's Malaika not wanting to go out in the rain............ the sort of things that are a bit like trying to stop a cat catching a mouse or a bird.

Yeah you are right; Sal rolls is things and refuses to go out in the rain.....some dog things are built in.........like she will occasionaly bury a higly prized "anything":roll: a totaly different creature to a cat.

MrsH
17-07-2010, 06:38 PM

I hope this means that he'll eventually turn into a perfect pooch 'cos I'm sure that's what I really deserve :-D

By the way he's now feeling much better and has been allowed back onto his part of the sofa :smt023

yola
17-07-2010, 06:54 PM
LOL at the doggy tales (tails) :lol:

Today's been a nice day. Nails first thing; have changed from hot pink to a lovely, soft palest pink . . . looks nice with the tan and have just updated toes to match. Might go the whole hog and have this colour for my hols :D

OH went off to visit his Mum at Hayling as she has a big op coming up on Monday . . . nasty tumours on her leg. I took the boys to the park where, approriately, Race for Life was taking place. We watched and then played tennis, kicked a ball around and sat at the lovely old listed pub/restaurant there.

They're now hammering a ball around our tiny garden :roll: Weather's been lovely all day after a rain-soaked night (which is good - rain at night).

Promising heatwaves for next week :shock:

Kazz
17-07-2010, 11:26 PM
LOL at the doggy tales (tails) :lol:

Today's been a nice day. Nails first thing; have changed from hot pink to a lovely, soft palest pink . . . looks nice with the tan and have just updated toes to match. Might go the whole hog and have this colour for my hols :D

OH went off to visit his Mum at Hayling as she has a big op coming up on Monday . . . nasty tumours on her leg. I took the boys to the park where, approriately, Race for Life was taking place. We watched and then played tennis, kicked a ball around and sat at the lovely old listed pub/restaurant there.

They're now hammering a ball around our tiny garden :roll: Weather's been lovely all day after a rain-soaked night (which is good - rain at night).

Promising heatwaves for next week :shock:

Sounds like they may be about ready to to join a footie club......Yola.