PDA

View Full Version : I think I am being had!!

Manyana13
16-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Hello everybody,

A couple of weeks ago I started a thread to ask for advice as we got a puppy in June and the 3 cats were not adjusting well to her and were spending all their time outside. Well about a week later they started spending more time in the house and they really don't like Poppy (the pup), they dart off from her and Lola (my youngest cat) has started (finally) to swipe at Poppy and tell her off all the time. The other two just ignore her and refuse to be anywhere near her. Of course the cats are getting lots of treats and a lot of special treatment from me (mainly due to guilt) :cry:

Anyway, I got up early this morning because I wasn't feeling well and couldn't find any of the animals... only to find all 4 of them... yes, the 3 cats and the pup... fast asleep on the sofa!! They weren't snuggled together but all sleeping together.

I wish I had taken a photo but when I went in they all woke up! ARRRG!! :twisted:

So, considering they appear to not like each other they seem to be coping well!! Cheeky creatures! :shock:

yola
16-07-2010, 02:07 PM
It's all a clever ruse to get you to lavish love, treats and attention on the cats. They are SUCH clever and manipulative little souls ;) :D ;)

Hopefully one day soon you can get a pic of the elusive event . . . would be lovely to see!

angieh
16-07-2010, 02:52 PM
What clever cats! I also wish you'd got that photo - may be another morning ............ :D

MrsH
16-07-2010, 03:29 PM
That's great news :D I only wish my 2 would snuggle up to our cocker but as time passes that seems increasingly unlikely now.

Manyana13
16-07-2010, 03:42 PM
I think being put in her place is what has helped make progress. Also, I took the advice of people here and stopped keeping them apart, or lifting the cats when she was near. Poppy would get so excited when she saw the cats that she would run and try to jump on them. Now she sits, shakes with excitement and waggles her tail furiously when they are near but just about contains it! Bless, she just wants to play! :-)

dandysmom
16-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Clever, clever cats! What a funny story; do try to get a pic if you can :D

Moli
16-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Thats normally the way, you worry about them not getting on, and they sneak in together for a cuddle....

Shelley123
16-07-2010, 06:03 PM
So good to hear, i wondered how you were getting on.

calismum
16-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Yep, sounds just like the thing clever cats can get up to!!

dandysmom
16-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Puppy has learned who the bosses are, and the cats have condescended to share their home with her!